Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Brixham, Devon, Sunset

Brixham

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Carew Castle, Pembrokeshire, Wales

Pembroke

in the county of Pembrokeshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What's your weather like today?....4

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:52 on 8th October 2010

This weather also suits my Runner Beans CathyML!

Rain, rain and more rain, dry for a couple of days and my fruit and vegetables are blooming!

Blooming? Does that make them a flower? Lol

The weather here in Oxford has been wonderful today.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:39 on 9th October 2010
Dry, cool and typical Autumn weather here in Oxford today.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 20:41 on 9th October 2010

Today as I type this (12:35 PM Saturday) it's really lovely outside about 85° with low humidity and not a cloud in the sky.  But our storm on Tuesday last was a doozey.  We did not get a tornado, as they did just west of Flagstaff, but that tornado completely destroyed 15 homes and snapped 60 ft. ponderosa pines across a 100-yard swath like they were matchsticks.  Flagstaff's about 125 miles from here.

Our problem here was hail.  It pounded down in almost every part of the Phoenix metro area.  Mind you, that's an area about 50 miles long and 50 miles wide.  Every car parked in the parking lot at my friend's office was totaled.  It looked like sombody took a hammer to them.   I had about 2" of rain at my house, and considering our annual rainfall is about 7", that's a lot at one time.

No significant damage at my house though, thank God.  I spent the morning outside cleaning up broken limbs, leaves and the "just add water" weeds that always poke out of the desert landscaping in the front yard, but that was it.  It was really scary driving home from work during the storm.  It was raining so hard you couldn't see a thing.

Yesterday, when I should have been cleaning up, I was laying in my pool.  The water is just borderline still warm enough to get into.  I"m going to try it again this afternoon.  It would have been warmer, but the cover blew off in the storm and hail has a way of cooling down water.

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 20:45 on 9th October 2010

I am so glad you didn't suffer too much from the storm Ruth, I really pity those that did though.

It sounds as though we have a whoopee thunderstorm on the way right now - I hope it will bring some rain with it - so if I disappear it is because I have had to turn the computer off in a hurry!!

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 20:48 on 9th October 2010

Hopefully more rain than wind and lighning, Cathy.  Is it quarter to eleven there?

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 20:56 on 9th October 2010
I hope so too.  It's just before 10 p.m.
Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 21:23 on 9th October 2010

Our temps are back up into the 70's. The mornings are cold though, and we have definitely finished with the 80's and 90's. I'm sure we'll be dropping from the 70's this coming week too, so I'll enjoy it while it's here. 

Luckily we didn't get weather as bad as you, Ruth, but we did have an extraordinary amount of rain last week, especially for high desert.  

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 21:29 on 9th October 2010

Yes, Sue, out west, when it rains it pours. Lol.

Fall is definitely in the air.  We had triple digit temps up until last weekend, but I think we're thru with that now til next May.

It was about 70°F yesterday morning and I about froze.   :-)

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 06:01 on 10th October 2010

It happened!!!  We actually had a few millimeters of rain!!!  Lots of noise and flashing lights and howling winds too!! 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:51 on 10th October 2010
Grey sky, slight wind  but dry here in Oxford.......Autumn!