Epping

in the county of Essex

Welsh Hills from West Kirby, Merseyside

West Kirby

in the county of Merseyside

Southsea Pier

Southsea

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Autumn Photo Shoot In Southampton Area

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

RAW10
RAW10
quotePosted at 20:17 on 19th July 2011

Hi all,

Im new to picturesofengland.com and thought that someone may be able to help me?

Im due to have a photoshoot commonly named 'trash the dress/rock the frock' where i will wear my wedding dress again (1 year after our wedding day) and capture some rather different photo's - different in being that it will not be my wedding day and the location will be very different.

I want to capture the autumn colours, fall and would appreciate any advice on the time of year to capture this and any suggested locations (in the SO postcode area/Southampton) that are stunning and provide my photographer with endless amounts of capabilities.

Thanks again all :@)

Rebecca

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:40 on 19th July 2011

A very warm welcome to POE Rebecca and thanks for adding your photos to the site. 

Have you considered the New Forest for your photo shoot I know they have beautiful autumn colours there, you might even get a few ponies to play with, lol!

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:45 on 19th July 2011
Hi Rebecca, well you have the ideal location just a few miles from your doorstep, The New Forest, which must be ideal for autumnal colours. I would suggest that you take note of how the leaves start changing colour towards the end of September with a view to possibly doing the deed early October or whenver the colours seem right. The key thing is keeping an eye on how quickly the trees start to change. But above all enjoy it and when you have finished put a few pics on POE for us all to share. You will find us a jolly bunch with no airs and graces.
RAW10
RAW10
quotePosted at 21:14 on 19th July 2011

Hi Cath & Dave,

Thank you both for your response and the warm welcome, this site is great! Thank you also for your suggestions. I currently have the following on my list:

When you say New Forest, are there specific pockets of the new forest that offer a bit of variety plus the multiple colours?

I agree on the date suggestion Dave, i am currently working towards 23rd September (hoping that Autumn arrives early given the shocking weather recently). However, i will keep an eye out and ammend the date to early Oct if needs be.

I will update some pic's as and when i get them, hopefully capturing some truely great images...fingers crossed for the sun!

In addition to the above, this site just gives me that extra reason to get my camera back out and snapping...not that i need one (ask the husband).

Rebecca

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:20 on 19th July 2011
Have you checked the POE site for pictures of the places you mention above plus the photos of the The New Forest.  If not then just type the place name into the search box on the top left column on the screen and hopefully you will get all sorts of suggestions, plus other places close to those you mentioned.
RAW10
RAW10
quotePosted at 21:23 on 19th July 2011

Hi Cath,

I did have a quick search yesterday evening, but i will do so again allocating more time. Ive searched googlep pic's which bring up some amazing colours at Exbury Gardens.

PS - New Forest Hoses? Could provide some interesting shots, finding one though may be a wee struggle...te he!

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:28 on 19th July 2011
Netley Abbey, certainly, early morning or late afternoon to catch the best light against the masonry. But for sheer colour I would be heading to the New Forest, not sure where, several years since I was last there, but as Cathy says that is where POE comes in handy. Colouful trees, wedding dress (in whatever state of repair!!!) and a horse or two in a misty backround. I can visualise it already.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:37 on 19th July 2011
I hope you meant Horses! lol.  I think they will find you especially if there is any food around!  There are some lovely pictures of Exbury Gardens (I know because I made it one of my favourite places!)  There are many lovely villages and areas in the New Forest and the photos here might point you to somewhere in particular, such as Ober Water near Brockenhurst, I have seen beautiful pictures of that place.  Here is one
Ober Water
Picture by Noel Reynold

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 04:46 on 20th July 2011

Another taken Oct 22 between the National Motor Museum and Bealieu Rd station where there's a small road behind me here for about 1/2 a mile.

New Forest
Picture by Paul Hilton

Please login to post to this thread...