Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Calf viewed from The Cow, Ilkley Moor, West Yorkshire

Ilkley

in the county of West Yorkshire

Largs Town, North Ayrshire, Scotland.

Largs

in the county of North Ayrshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Add a description

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Scarlet Reynolds
Scarlet Reynolds
quotePosted at 11:20 on 1st February 2011
poe
quotePosted at 14:17 on 15th November 2007

Please feel free to contribute a description of a town, attraction, or even a county to the site. Whether adding one for a place of which we have no description for at all, or adding one that you feel is an improvement over the existing one, everything that users can contribute is hugely appreciated.

Hi my name is Scarlet. I think it is a brilliant idea to include a description of a town or an attraction so as to give the readers ideas of what the place is all about. In that way, people who will be reading the article might be interested to visit the place. It is like promoting one’s country’s beautiful spots and inviting tourists to come over.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Scarlet Reynolds
Scarlet Reynolds
quotePosted at 11:24 on 1st February 2011
poe
quotePosted at 14:17 on 15th November 2007

Please feel free to contribute a description of a town, attraction, or even a county to the site. Whether adding one for a place of which we have no description for at all, or adding one that you feel is an improvement over the existing one, everything that users can contribute is hugely appreciated......

In addition to the previous post pertaining to drawing many stateside and foreign travelers all around the world, business such as shops, car rentals, lodging on the shoreline and inland are likely to boom when there is increased tourism. There is also increased profits and employment within the region.

Edited by: scarlet reynolds at:1st February 2011 11:53
haikurambler
haikurambler
quotePosted at 22:27 on 2nd December 2013

The Wiltshire Downs, especially around Maiden Bradley village, are wonderful. The landscape our village nestles in is various and memorable. The place is saturated with history and nature. Short distances can reveal dramatic changes of vista. Little Knoll and Long Knoll, for example, are otherworldly; either from a distance, or up on their heights looking at either of them - plus the distant views they offer. Skyscapes are icing on the cake! My interest is in all of it, through the ever-changing seasons. There are many English Heritage listed buildings and monuments in our area.

Edited by: Sarah at:2nd December 2013 23:43
 Please login to post to this thread...