Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Holbeach, Lincolnshire. Washway Road

Holbeach

in the county of Lincolnshire

Berkeley Castle, Gloucestershire

Berkeley

in the county of Gloucestershire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Larter clan

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:41 on 6th March 2012
Super job Paul, as always, very well done!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:12 on 6th March 2012
i will second that paul --very well done.

quote | editPosted at 00:44 on 7th March 2012

Thank you and you're welcome David; no we're not related and I knew nothing of your grandma's family until last night. I don't live in Essex, far from it, but have visited Halstead once ( near Braintree) a few years ago. I hope it gives you a good start now about your grandma's family and her/ your background of nearly 200 years.   To add---

Queenie did indeed travel on her own to New York. At Ellis Island, their records add she was heading for 26th St. San Francisco to be with her husband, J W Turley (sic).  

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 11:04 on 8th March 2012
Queenie also had 3 siblings that died at a very young age or as babies she possibly might not have known about.
Stella Lee
Stella Lee
quotePosted at 19:47 on 29th June 2012
On 5th March 2012 18:48, David Turley wrote:
My Grandmother came from England back in the early 1900's at the age of 15. She arrived in the US in 1921. Her last name was Larter. Queenie Gertrude Larter. I have, in her belongings, a picure of the 1943-1944 Shepperton Grammar School Football team. The "Sportsmaster" was Mr. D.S. Larter. By the age he looks in the picture I would guess that was Grandma's brother. I don't know much of our long lost cousin's and family from England. My father went back to England a few times with Grandma back in the 60's and 70's but we didn't really talk about that side of the family much. Just 2nd cousin Tony from Austraila. I would like to offer this picture to the Shepperton school if still around. It's in great shape. And I would like to know how to go about finding more information regarding my Grandmother's England brother's and sister's. If anyone could share some insight I would appreciate it. David Turley
Hi there Queenie was my Aunt she had a younger brother called Ronald Hugh Paul my Father Dennis was his brother. I believe there was Uncle Teddy and Uncle Shirley and an Aunt Doris. My father was the youngest of fourteen children. I have a picture of Aunty Queenie with the American Emblem/Flag which she embroidered for the president. You can contact me via the POE 'Contact' facility if you are interested. I have been trying to connect for ages with other members and have loads of information and pictures.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:29th June 2012 19:55
Stella Lee
Stella Lee
quotePosted at 21:50 on 29th June 2012
Just to edit Ronald Larter was my father it looks like I meant Dennis. I hope David gets in touch with me and I live in Essex also my Grandfather was Percy Pembroke if this helps :)
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 22:04 on 29th June 2012

Hi Stella-- as you might have seen, Queenie's siblings I mentioned on the previous page as you mentioned as well.

You could contact David by clicking on his name, then click Contact so you could send a message to him.  Hope you found other of the family background I mentioned of interest as well.

Stella Lee
Stella Lee
quotePosted at 23:15 on 29th June 2012
Paul you ARE AMAZING!! I hadnt read any of it I have now and Im blown away....Trouble with me is i get so excited and then dont carefully aread all the information. I didnt know the name of my Father Ronalds first wife, he divorced from her as he only maried her because of war time, he married Enid Roberts my mother and subsequently the year he died his third wife. My mother is alao dead but I have one surviving brother Micheal. Many many thanks!! :DSmile
David Turley
David Turley
quotePosted at 02:05 on 30th June 2012
On 29th June 2012 21:50, stella lee wrote:
Just to edit Ronald Larter was my father it looks like I meant Dennis. I hope David gets in touch with me and I live in Essex also my Grandfather was Percy Pembroke if this helps :)

Stella Lee - Hi there cousin!! I have the same picture. Grandma is standing to the left of the American Flag with another lady. A huge flag from Mare Island durning the war. How can I get hold of you? email address etc David
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 05:09 on 30th June 2012
I hope you soon are both able to get in touch via PoE and then email each other directly. I'm sure you both have so much to learn from each other and catching up and in Stella's case, also going through her family line here back to Suffolk in the early 1700's which could be expanded on even further if Stella wanted to. I'm so pleased you came across each other.