Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

At the air show

Farnborough

in the county of Hampshire

Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex

Herstmonceux

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Bradleys & Allanachs

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

quote | editPosted at 07:41 on 16th August 2012

Don't know where to start. Will give names, dates and places I've found so far. Some info was supplied by Mrs. Kathleen Wontner of England. She found info in something called "Find my Past."

Priscilla Bradley of 32 Abram St., Everton, Liverpool married a John Allannach (sic) of 5 Conway

St., Everton in West Derby Registration District, Lancashire in 1891 in the April/May/June quarter. Priscilla was a cook and John was a grocer's assistant. Mrs. Wontner said I would have to get a marriage certificate to get further details. She said the reference to the entry in the birth index is Volume8B Page no. 580.

In an 1891 Lancashire census I saw for a minute on Ancestry.com showed my grandfather's birth year as 1867. 24 yrs old in 1891. Don't know his birthdate, but I know he was born at Strath Don, Aberdeenshire and the Allanachs belong to the Royal Stewart Clan The clan membership was verified by my study of a book I bought in Edinburgh and by now-deceased Allanach kin. No contact by any other close kin, not even their daughter.

Priscilla Bradley has 2 different birth years according to Mrs. Wontner. One is 1868 other is 1869. She was born in the April/May/June quarter at West Derby, Lancashire and the reference in the birth index is 8B Page 445. Priscilla's parents and brother lived at the Abram St. address in 1891. John Allanach was a lodger with a Moffat at the Conway St. address. His name was John Grant Allanach. There are many John Allanachs in the extended family.

This is all I know about the Bradleys. I know the names of John & Priscilla's children who lived, one son lived into the 21st Century or close to it.  Also I know there are close kin in Southampton, Hants. Some a bit distant kin in Yorkshire; been in Yorks. for 4 generations I was told once.

I'd appreciate any help I could get.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:01 on 16th August 2012

Dear POEster...

We have some brilliant people here within POE who will likely help you with your search, but I guess it's dropped out of the top ten in the forum so to speak, and perhaps they haven't seen it so this may help by posting today.

Anyhow, good luck with your search.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:05 on 30th August 2012

Paul has returned after a well earned break (well thats my excuse anyway).

I bumped this one to the top Paul because I thought you may have missed it, and knowing how good you are, I knew we couldn't let it slip too far down the pile!

Well done, and thanks for the info on the other one incidentally! 

Please login to post to this thread...