Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rhyl Harbour

Rhyl

in the county of Denbighshire

Oakham

Oakham

in the county of Rutland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Andrews in Rutland and Northampton, England.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Barbara Rutherford
Barbara Rutherford
quotePosted at 23:03 on 26th February 2013
Hi I am Barbara Andrews Rutherford  I have some family information that I am researching.  I am from Washinton State USA and have found family papers that say our line comes from a Anthony Andrews of Alexton, County Leichester and Pisbroke( which I think is Bisbrooke) in County Rutland, England .  He was born in 1530 and married Dorothea, daughter of Laubong Alinwele in County Northampton.  They had three children and John Andrews , born at Alexton came to american Colonies in 1654 and settled in Anne Arundel Counties in Maryland.  Can not find anything to connect our line to him.  Our line has records to Arthur Andrews 1810 in Butler County, Ohio.  This information was in a family reunion packet from 1970.  Would anyone know anything about this family line?.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:16 on 26th February 2013
 Welcome to POE Barbara, you may have come to the right place , there are a few here who are a dab hand at sorting these little queries, keep an eye out . Sorry not to have any answers myself.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 01:42 on 27th February 2013

Hi Barbara, this is fascinating. I have a sister named Barbara who lives in Washington State and we were born in Baltimore, Maryland where I still live. We also have a great grandmother who was Isabella Andrew England. 

Would be amazing quite a coincidence if we were in some way related and met on POE!

My great grandmother came to the States at age 15 to live with her grandfather. I don't quite remember his last name. Lots of luck on your search. I am sure there are a few people on POE, who have experience with this sort of thing, that would be willing to help you. Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:50 on 27th February 2013
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Barbara. We can't help, but I am sure somebody will be researching it for you already!
 Please login to post to this thread...