Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sandown Beach appartments on left hand side and Pier - March 2009

Sandown

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The Sandbaggers

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 21:40 on 20th April 2008
This is a difficult one , but I was wondering....does anyone remember anything about this series? The Sandbaggers
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 22:07 on 20th April 2008
Umm no, 1978 was when i was having my twins so I was a bit preoccupied lol didnt see much tv at all sorry Maria.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:51 on 20th April 2008
The name doesn't sound at all familiar, but when I looked through the web page I did recall a program from the past with the character Adam Dalgliesh, other than that I have no recollection of it at all.
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 22:16 on 21st April 2008
Yes Sue, Dalgliesh was played by the same actor, Roy Marsden
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:53 on 24th April 2008
Ah yeah, remember it well Maria! We were all given twenty hessian sacks each down on the beach and told to fill them pretty quickly, or the tide would devour us! Hence The Sandbaggers!! That is right isn't it?
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 22:38 on 24th April 2008

I thought something was coming when I saw your name in the 'last post' lol. Anyway, dear Ron, that raised a good laugh and for that I intend to reciprocate by acquainting you with the latest, top secret, techno gadget that we've been working on down at the Firm: the amazing  rONote Control !

;-)) 

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 23:54 on 24th April 2008

Ha ha! A very funny picture Maria! We were in stitches!
Very cleverly done Laughing

With Ron having a few of his own inventions under his belt though, we're sure he'll come up with something to counter it Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:17 on 25th April 2008

Maria, that is very funny and very clever, you are obviously a very talented lady! Anna agreed with you entirely, she couldn't stop laughing and wants to know about availability of the product.

I only wish I was able to do something like that, but the fact is I have trouble loading a pic on my websites, so whilst I appreciate the  comments from Sarah and Chris, I am unlikely to be able to put anything on the net in retaliation! Thinks.....I might even pay somebody to put something together, I could always tell her I learned how to do it!

Surely there must come an opportunity to get YOU Maria, remember I'll be watching! Where does Maria live, Italy! Hmm wonder what excuse I can make for nipping over there to sort her out once and for all!! 

MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 23:18 on 25th April 2008
Ah,ah....ok, ok Ron boy, I will surrender, and in token of truce, I suggest the following : I'm going to patent it and then we'll share the inevitable, big profits as good friends Wink 
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:37 on 25th April 2008

Thank you very much Maria. I think Ana and myself will find it most usefull. He he he.