Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Marys Church

Wooler

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Football

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

L
L
quotePosted at 07:12 on 11th July 2008

LOL @ Peter

Maria, I think you would be wasting your time, I do like F1 though, and some of the Oylmpics...will that do? LOL

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:29 on 11th July 2008
On 10th July 2008 23:58, Peter Evans wrote:
I'de like to inspire the sport in Lyn as well. he he he.

Peter's being naughty! Surprised LOL!
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:52 on 11th July 2008

I'm a good boy I am. But I do like the indoor sports, not football. And a sporty woman is the best of all.

Any sporty ladies on here want to join me? He he he.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 16:54 on 11th July 2008
Hi Peter - Something tells me that Auntie Miya might be the best athlete among us girls.  Laughing
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 17:08 on 11th July 2008
On 11th July 2008 07:12, Lyn Greenaway wrote: 

Maria, I think you would be wasting your time, I do like F1 though, and some of the Oylmpics...will that do? LOL

Those do count! see? there is hope ;) , altough I was rather thinking about something you could practice yourself (and save any comment on that Peter, please ;).  What about starting from something simple, don't know...some jogging in the countryside?? ;) .    We sometimes tend to mix up the sport itself with all that world turning around it, like money, fanatism etc., but fortunately that's not the same thing at all.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 18:32 on 11th July 2008

Now would I comment on something a woman can practice on herself? I'm a gentleman I am.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 18:37 on 11th July 2008

Peter!!  Surprised  You're probably a gentleman because you vacation in Cornwall every year.  lol

L
L
quotePosted at 21:12 on 11th July 2008
On 11th July 2008 16:52, Peter Evans wrote:

I'm a good boy I am. But I do like the indoor sports, not football. And a sporty woman is the best of all.

Any sporty ladies on here want to join me? He he he.

I will Peter! LOL

Maria....I DO excercise lol I walk down to the village sometimes (about 1mile WOW!) and sometimes I walk the whole way round it! (takes about 40mins) and  as you see from my photos on here I walk the hills round here (weather permitting!) and takes piccies.  But thats about as energetic as I get lol

Kahu
Kahu
quotePosted at 07:50 on 1st November 2009
On 10th July 2008 22:07, L . wrote:
Football is English, they play with a round ball, rugby is the same but with an oval ball and soccer is........not sure LOL I think its the american version of our football/rugby combined played with an oval ball. I may be wrong, but i'm sure someone will correct me Undecided

Sorry everyone but I'm a late starter .... Rugby is played with an oval ball and is the state religion of Aotearoa-New Zealand. Rugby always used to be known as footy or football in NZ, until FIFA decided to label soccer as football ...... soccer was only for girls!

31 Oct

All Blacks v Wallabies

Tokyo, Japan

9:30 pm

32-19 

08 Nov

All Blacks v Wales

Cardiff

6:15 am

0-0 

15 Nov

All Blacks v Italy

Milan

3:00 am

0-0 

22 Nov

All Blacks v England

London

3:30 am

0-0 

29 Nov

All Blacks v France

Marseille

8:45 am

0-0 

06 Dec

All Blacks v Barbarians

London

3:30 am

0-0 

http://www.allblacks.com/

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:51 on 2nd November 2009

Hi Kahu:  Thanks for the information.  But I'm going to go a little off topic here for a moment.  L. who started this thread, who you quoted in your posting, is a lovely lady named Lyn Greenaway who passed away this past summer.  I read thru this thread and it brought happy memories of last year when Lyn was part of this group.  May she rest in peace.  Since today is All Souls Day, I guess it's not too inappropriate to go off topic here to remember Lyn and our other loved ones who've passed.