Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Verne

Portland

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

My Favorite British TV Shows

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 11:39 on 13th September 2010
On 12th September 2010 17:58, james prescott wrote:
i never watch the stuff for me its just bad acting and no scripts -------give me phil silvers show anyday and a few good westerns.

I liked Phil Silvers Bilko character.  Is that the one, James?  I also liked the westerns Maverick, Tales of Wells Fargo, and the best comedy-western ever Alias Smith & Jones.  Do you get Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in Blighty?  I love it.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 18:08 on 13th September 2010
Lost in Austen, Cranford, Return to Cranford, Hamish McBeth, Larkrise to Candleford, as well as most other British TV shows/movies etc. are available to rent via Netflix, in case you missed them on telly.  I've seen them all and loved them.  Right now I'm catching up on Midsomer Murders thanks to Netflix.  Love Inspector Lewis as well, all the gorgeous shots in and around Oxford.  Hamish McBeth can be a bit hard to understand at times but I do love his dog "Wee Jock". 
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 07:02 on 15th September 2010

Barbara, I will try to get some of those shows on netflix.  I have a friend who keeps telling me to see Cranford & Return to Cranford, so I'll oblige him.  He is a reviewer on IMDb (you know, the Internet Movie Database)  I contribute to IMDb, also and enjoy finding out all the goodies they have on there.I saw Midsomer Murders several times a few years ago, but thought it was going off the air.  Glad to hear it hasn't.

Thanks for the info.

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 19:33 on 15th September 2010

Linda-Mary, I don't know if MM is going off the air in the UK, but as you probably know we get British programs a good while after they are shown in the UK.  I forget which series I've got in my queue right now, but know they haven't been shown before on US TV.  I'm almost finished with all the various Sherlock Holmes series and I believe I've seen every Poirot episode ever made!

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:58 on 15th September 2010

barbara andlinda -mary this one was one of our best comedy shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91NmC7Jppzg
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 22:07 on 27th September 2010

I am currently watching the complete series of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett and loving every minute of it Smile

KarimSmile

TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
quotePosted at 22:37 on 27th September 2010

Just bought all the dvd's of doc Martin. I love this show.

I'm also a huge dr Who fan 

Also like to watch BBC programs like Coast, digging for Britain 

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:13 on 28th September 2010
I never heard of Doc Martin....until last night! Our local PBS station will now be showing Doc Martin!! Looks good! Can't wait to watch it.
TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
quotePosted at 14:44 on 28th September 2010
You gona love this guy and the scenery. This is the area I planned our next year holiday
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 13:52 on 31st October 2010

Good afternoon everyone Smile

I hope that you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday !

I work in Hospitality and I often catch up with TV Series after they have been shown and I was then able to enjoy the stunning Tudors which was my favorite until I utterly fell in love with Pride & Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle & Colin Firth ! The smile and freshness of Jennifer Ehle is unique and I can only compare the impression she made on me with Meryl Streep. I adore costumed dramas and I recently purchased the Cranford series which have truly enchanted me !

I still have to order the remaining episodes of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett which I have not seen yet and so many British treasures which for sure will make the delights of my evenings with a glass of Merlot !

KarimSmile