Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Botolph's Church, often known as Boston 'Stump'

Boston

a Seaside Town in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Guess what

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

L
L
quotePosted at 08:23 on 3rd May 2008
I reckon Dennis is telling porkies saying its not in Sussex lol.... this pic from Kevin Gordon looks exactly the same place to me, allbeit taken at a different angle! Its in Sleaford West Sussex.
Seaford Museum and Seaford Head Cliffs
Picture by Kevin GORDON

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:46 on 3rd May 2008
That looks mighty similar to me Lyn, I reckon you've got him!
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 13:19 on 16th May 2008

Lyn---didn't Dennis say it wasn't in Suffolk ( because it's not) and  I think you talked yourself into saying East Sussex in error, so you might like to take a second look at Eastbourne.

Dennis has clearly been driving along the A259 from Hastings to at least Brighton, and the Sleaford tower is surrounded by roads and pebbles. I do believe Dennis's tower is showing Eastbourne; similarly styled to the Sleaford one.

Indeed, some have been turned into homes and one popstar lived in one and U2 should find this one easier Ron to guess who?

L
L
quotePosted at 16:25 on 16th May 2008
On 16th May 2008 13:19, Paul Hilton wrote:

Lyn---didn't Dennis say it wasn't in Suffolk ( because it's not) and I think you talked yourself into saying East Sussex in error, so you might like to take a second look at Eastbourne.

Dennis has clearly been driving along the A259 from Hastings to at least Brighton, and the Sleaford tower is surrounded by roads and pebbles. I do believe Dennis's tower is showing Eastbourne; similarly styled to the Sleaford one.

Indeed, some have been turned into homes and one popstar lived in one and U2 should find this one easier Ron to guess who?

Oh dear this confused me (doesn't take much doing) but have worked out you are referring to an earlier posting of mine and NOT the one with the photo where I said WEST sussex....I think lol

I've never driven to Eastbourne, the nearest I've been to it is on the train on a day trip to Brighton so wouldn't know if its in Eastbourne or not. (clear as mud eh?lol) I wonder if Dennis will come back one day as tell us where it REALLY is? I am still waiting...................

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:13 on 16th May 2008
How about Boy George Paul?
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:26 on 16th May 2008
Boy George? Interesting answer Ron, but regrettably not quite who I had in mind. Not to waste too much on this thread, it was Bono of U2 who had a converted Irish Martello tower.
L
L
quotePosted at 22:36 on 16th May 2008
I knew that Paul LOL but you got in first booooo!!
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 05:09 on 17th May 2008
Sorry to pre-empt you Lyn. But, if Ron's suggestion of Boy George had been correct and he had found a Martello tower to live in at his locale, from this vantage point on a hill, outside which house would any invading ships have been seen from it originally, if they'd moored up nearby?
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 06:02 on 17th May 2008
To help a bit further perhaps----If Boy George could see his neighbors of long past, one of them would have been the artist John Constable and was where he'd painted The Haywain, and when he'd died, his funeral was held at the nearby church. So, which big house have the invading ships moored next to?
L
L
quotePosted at 07:14 on 17th May 2008
Ummmmmm.......Flatford Mill? or the Farmhouse in front of it maybe?  I dont know that part of the country at all so its just a guess (probably wrong knowing me lol)