Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

At the air show

Farnborough

in the county of Hampshire

Farnborough Hall 15 June 2011

Farnborough

in the county of Warwickshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Heathrow to London

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Judy Carol
Judy Carol
quotePosted at 15:00 on 16th February 2008

We will be traveling to the UK soon and I have never flown into Heathrow before. How is the best and cheapest way to get into London? We have always flown into Gatwick and I knew how to do it from there.  Also, are there any recommendation for a hotel or B&B. Thanks so much.

Judy

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dennis Bailey
Dennis Bailey
quotePosted at 22:31 on 16th February 2008

London Underground, is the cheapest route into London. http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

There are desks in each terminal dedicated to helping you find a good B&B.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:59 on 19th February 2008

You don't say when you are coming to the UK Judy and it may all be over by now, but for hotels anywhere, why not book through this very website? Every hotel booked through poe helps to keep this site up and running for us all! Start your search from thousands of hotels at www.picturesofengland.com/hotels and then sit back thinking about ways to enjoy England, which as it happens, poe can also help with. See http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/attractions

Judy Carol
Judy Carol
quotePosted at 03:37 on 21st February 2008

Ron, we will be coming in May. It is hard to book something that you have not seen. I don't want to book in a bad section where we don't feel safe at night, and I  don't know which section would not be advisable for elderly adults. I just want a moderately priced place that is clean. I also do not understand when it says, "per adult, per stay" Does that mean that you pay the same if you stay one night or six? Sorry to be a bother but I really appreciate any suggestions that you might have.

Thanks,

Judy

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:52 on 21st February 2008

Judy - I understand entirely what you mean, being similarly an elderly adult. I have heard good things about the following hotel complex which you can book online through poe helping to support them at the same time. Click on the following link for more details: http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Greater_London/Radisson_Edwardian_Heathrow

As for the 'per adult, per stay' question. Suppose there are two of you and your hotel costs £100 per night, per adult and you stay 1 night. That means the cost will be £200 in total for your 1 night 'stay'. It doesn't mean that you pay the same total if you stay longer. Another example would be if two of you stayed 3 nights at £100 per adult, the total for your 3 nights 'stay' would be £600

I hope this helps a little. The hotel quoted is not as expensive as that but remember you get your hotel cheaper anyway by booking online through www.picturesofengland/hotels ie the link above, rather than going direct to the hotel. They are special internet only prices through this website.   

Need any further help, get back to me. Good luck, safe journey and enjoy your visit!  

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:15 on 21st February 2008

I would say the same as Dennis Bailey. Use the London Underground train service. It is definately the cheapest, and safest. There is also the bus service, almost as cheap as the train.

Cant help with Hotels or  B&B. But please be carefull if taking taxis, some will charge the earth.

Hope this helps a little.

Peter Evans

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 14:15 on 23rd March 2008
On 21st February 2008 03:37, Judy Carol wrote:

Ron, we will be coming in May. It is hard to book something that you have not seen. I don't want to book in a bad section where we don't feel safe at night, and I  don't know which section would not be advisable for elderly adults. I just want a moderately priced place that is clean. I also do not understand when it says, "per adult, per stay" Does that mean that you pay the same if you stay one night or six? Sorry to be a bother but I really appreciate any suggestions that you might have.

Thanks,

Judy

Judy I've just booked all my accomodation for May & June and I used Trip Advisor as a guide to find where to stay and where to stay away Smile The site has reviews from real people which I found useful...good luck.

www.tripadvisor.com/Search?returnTo=__2F__Tourism__2D__g4__2D__Europe__2D__Vacations__2E__html&q=London+Hotels&geo=4

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:39 on 23rd March 2008

I'm coming in May and June too.

A big POE invasion.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 17:19 on 23rd March 2008
We'll be finding Poe's under our beds soon, lol