Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Peters Church at Zeal Monachorum, Devon

Zeal Monachorum

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What are they called?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

L
L
quotePosted at 16:35 on 23rd April 2008
On 23rd April 2008 12:49, Peter Evans wrote:

May have to use romething better than wax though. it may melt in the Ausy heat.

tut tut Pedre....2 spellings errors this time, no brownie points for you!Wink
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 22:55 on 23rd April 2008
Its not me I tell you, its my keyboard. Honest.
Phil Jobson
Phil Jobson
quotePosted at 23:29 on 23rd April 2008
Yes Lyn, I agree: shameful performance on Peter's part and a lame excuse to boot! I can forgive "romething" but not the "Ausy". (Aaaaaaagh)
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:50 on 24th April 2008
Box of fluffy ducks now though Phil, eh? Your mate Ron! Oh incidentally, new passports arrived......look out pal were on our way!
Phil Jobson
Phil Jobson
quotePosted at 01:07 on 25th April 2008

What are you on about Ron?? Box of fluffy ducks?!? Is this some peculiar and obscure Oxfordshire aphorism?  I have started to erect the barricades and ordered the machine guns against your imminent arrival. (Though, seriously Ron you are welcome: we have a spare room and live in a northern suburb of Sydney (about 40 minutes from the city). So if you do plan a trip you are more than welcome to stay.). My wife and I were in your vicinity this time last year: we stayed at Shilton and used that as a base to visit Burford, Swinbrook,Oxford,Woodstock, Bladon. Had a great time.

Now having invited you to stay,let me give with one hand and take away with the other: we are going away on a trip to Western Australia later this year. Will be away for about 2 months (September and October) . As we are driving it will take us a week to get to our starting point in WA before we start our serious touring and another week to get back to Sydney. It can be a long time between drinks over here, unlike the UK! Cheers.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:38 on 25th April 2008

Ha, ha Phil have I got news for you brother!  Don't spill the beans yet Diana please, but isn't that just the funniest thing? Oh by the way, thank you for the invite Phil. Once again members....the power of POE eh?

Incidentally, box of fluffy ducks is a term used by the Kiwi's but I reckon you already knew that! It means (apparently) that everything is good!

Boy, I can't wait to drop the bombshell! Watch this space folks!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:22 on 25th April 2008
Where in WA will you be visiting/staying Phil? What will the weather be like for you guys at that time of the year?
Phil Jobson
Phil Jobson
quotePosted at 02:00 on 26th April 2008

Traveling basically around the South-West. Starting in Kalgoorlie and the goldfields, including a little place called Gwalia where we will be staying in a B&B which was once the house Herbert Hoover lived in when he was a mine engineer before he went on to bigger and better things! Then across to Shark Bay (the area the Dutch touched on in 17th Century, then down south for 10 days in Perth and Fremantle, before heading for the wineries of the Margaret River region (best reds in the world!!) and the forests of Pemberton and then along the South coast through the National Parks and windswept beaches and cliffs. It will be our autumn;temperature should hover between 26 to 30 degrees. There is no way I would do this in Summer!  The drive across the Nullarbor will be a first for us and an experience we are looking forward to over 2700ks( 1677 miles) of flat hot road with not much to see, except where the road skirts the coast of the Great Australian Bight.

Have you been to Australia? 

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 02:45 on 26th April 2008
On 26th April 2008 02:00, Phil Jobson wrote:

..........It will be our autumn;temperature should hover between 26 to 30 degrees. There is no way I would do this in Summer!.........

You're lost Phil...it'll be Spring here! Laughing
Phil Jobson
Phil Jobson
quotePosted at 03:22 on 26th April 2008
Oops big faux pas! Yes it will be spring. Hope Peter doesn't notice my mistake!!!