Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Groombridge Station

Groombridge

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What are they called?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Phil Jobson
Phil Jobson
quotePosted at 05:15 on 4th April 2008
Thanks Ron and Peter. I enjoy a little banter. However I must let you all know that I am EXTREMELY sensitive!! Being from downunder I have grown up with a terrible inferiority complex and, as you may know, Australia has just come out of its cultural cringe, so that compounds matters. Ilive in Sydney: marvellous city ( 20 degrees c. at the moment; unlike your cold and soggy part of the world!)   Where are you all based?  My first visit to the UK was only last March, and I thought that was supposed to be Spring. HAH! try visiting Castle Rising in Norfolk in March ( and a flat tyre to boot didn't help matters!). Seriously though, I had a wow of a time in the UK. If I can figure out the avatar bit I will attempt again to get my mug up for you.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:39 on 4th April 2008

Hi Phillip

I don't think the members in the forum will be soft on you just because you say you are an extremely sensitive Aussie! In fact if anything you might have been better off saying nothing because they really do take the p...(micky) you'll get no sympathy here thats for sure. Take it from one who knows, from one who is continually harrassed!!

As for the avatar well I can't help, I had to ask also not being particularly PC literate (wrong age) but I will bet that Chris and/or Sarah (POE) will spot your dilemma and answer you before the days is out because they do read the posts you know. They have to know who is worth a few 'Brownie points' now and again for a very responsible job of work, needless to say a few members try to push us (ME) around. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the UK, the great thing is this website allows you to revisit simply due to the enormous reference to our history, maps, attractions, pictures of course, and then there's the hotels that you can book online, which if you do, helps to keep POE running.

Enjoy the site and don't forget to come back to the forum for some sensible conversation.....sometimes!!  

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:33 on 4th April 2008

Hi Phillip

To add an avatar, please do the following.

1) Log in to the site if you haven't already, then under 'My Menu' on the right-hand side, click the link 'My Account'

2) On your 'My Account' page, scroll down to 'My Preferences' and click the link 'Click here to edit preferences..'

3) You should now have a green title bar containing the words 'Change Preferences' under which are options for changing your display name, and signing up for the newsletter. Below these options is a 'Browse' button, please click it to locate the image you wish to use.

4) Click 'Save Changes' to upload the image as your avatar.

There have been several bugs reported regarding the avatar upload which we have yet to sort, so if you do encounter any problems, please email us the picture you wish to use and we'll add it for you. You'll find our email address on your 'My Account' page.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 15:15 on 4th April 2008
Hello again phillip, I am extremely sensitive too. What i do when Ron is about though, I don my Tin suite and hide the tin opener. lol.  Dont take any notice of the banter though, it is all in fun. No harm or malice intended. Just come in and enjoy.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:15 on 4th April 2008

Well there you go Phillip, advice from Chris and Sarah (POE) on how to apply your pic as the avatar (Mr casual I might add) before the day is out, thats what I said isn't it? Just lets you see they do take an incredible interest in what the members have to say in the forum.

As for Peter and his tin suite, I just wish he would try flying over the Atlantic in the same suit rather than the balsa wood suit that he has previously suggested to Diana. In fact thinking about it, either would do really!!  

Phil Jobson
Phil Jobson
quotePosted at 23:28 on 4th April 2008

Peter, I really do think we should try and get over this ultra-sensitivity of ours. Perhaps Ron could give us a course (preferably an all-expenses paid, fully catered affair at some exotic location (Scotland?) in how to don and maintain a thick skin!

And Ron, thanks for your advice re the avatar. I couldn't manage the uploading myself so I e-mailed the pic to Chris and Sarah and they did the hard bit. Great service. You will note that the pic was taken in Trafalgar Square, but in Spring. I am rugged up in SPRING!! What is it with your weather? What with narrow roads only suitable for the thinnest of bicycles, and mushy peas, it is just too much for an innocent and sensitive soul such as mine (I'm sure Peter is in the same position). 

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:29 on 4th April 2008
Changed my mind about the balsa wood wings. Going to use wax and feathers. lol
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:32 on 4th April 2008
I am definately an inocent Phillip. Ron keeps trying to rob me of it, but I will not give in to him. lol
L
L
quotePosted at 07:30 on 5th April 2008
Nice pic on your avatar Pillip, you shoudl be here now, had a few nice spring like days and now its back to woolley hats and scarves lol so Peter, use the wax, there's no fear of it melting in this heat we have this weekend! LOL
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:19 on 5th April 2008

Weather forcast changed again, Huh. Not going to snow till monday now. And I was so looking  forward to it as well.

What a nice day we had yesterday, warm and sunny.