Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Eton College, Berkshire.

Eton

in the county of Berkshire

A view of the old Gate House at the old deer park between Revesby and Horncastle, Lincolnshire

Revesby

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

For British People or Experts .. !

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 09:40 on 16th June 2008
On 16th June 2008 09:37, Andy Edwards wrote:
I was Ray.

Go9d God,

First your Andy, then Denzil....and now Ray???? Have you read 'the three faces of Eve'  Looks like you may have written it?

Ray (the original) 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 09:42 on 16th June 2008
Go 9 d Ray? Is that the barcode for aforementioned book?
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 09:43 on 16th June 2008
Said Andy who forgot to log out then in.
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 11:32 on 16th June 2008

Andy,

No, that is not the bar code for the book. that is what is commonly called 'finger trouble' by this keyboard operator, but thank you indeed for drawing attention to this on a public forum and adding to my embarrassment! lol 

BTW, do you ever get down here to Northampton, I could treat you to a coffee and pasty sometime?

Regards, Ray. 

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 11:36 on 16th June 2008

Note well Andy.

I did not draw attention to the fact that you logged in as Denzil and put Andy and vice versa. I am not that insensitive. If you are unfortunate (or stupid enough) to make mistakes like that, it is not my place to  draw attention to them. you see, I am sensitive.

Regards

Ray 

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 13:10 on 16th June 2008
On 16th June 2008 09:40, Ray Stear wrote:
On 16th June 2008 09:37, Andy Edwards wrote:
I was Ray.

Go9d God,

First your Andy, then Denzil....and now Ray???? Have you read 'the three faces of Eve' Looks like you may have written it?

Ray (the original)

I have spotted that I put 'your' instead of you're. I had better put that right before the apostrophe police come kicking down my door.
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 13:42 on 16th June 2008

I haven't read The Three Faces of Eve ( probably the only one who hasn't?) but mentioning Eve did bring back fond memories of another young lady I once knew, Eva Bin Haad, who came over studying English too, often via the local natives. I did my best to help her with her conjugations after a few drinks, when they thence made more sense to her.

Yasser--Your ( no apostrophe variant) English isn't too bad at all. Indeed, another poster on this forum seems to be learning his English from you; clearly not a grammar school boy, by the looks of it.

Speaking of local natives, I see there's a small island in the Pacific where all the natives speak with a Gloucester accent, which must be confusing to their other local natives on nearby islands trying to figure out what they're all saying.

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 13:44 on 16th June 2008

Hi Paul,would that be the Pitcairn Islands?

Ray 

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 13:46 on 16th June 2008

Paul,

The 'Three faces of Eve' is about a young woman with multiple personalities. I recommend it as interesting reading.

Ray 

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 13:53 on 16th June 2008
Sorry to butt in gentlemen but I have had to deliver to Sheffield and Rotherham and have just arrived back. Yes Ray, Northampton is a place I pass on a regular basis on my little journeys to the smoke, Luton, Oxford etc, etc. In fact, I can safely say I know every pothole in the M1.....and that's 2,418 of them. I'm glad I pay road tax, it's worth every penny. I would be delighted to take up your kind offer, thank you very much.