Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Pilley, Hampshire

Pilley

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

"workers houses near factories" in a Newcastle street

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

T Ali
T Ali
quotePosted at 20:14 on 7th November 2008
Spotted in a book pictures of "workers houses near factories" in a Newcastle street- with factory chimneys nearby  .The road was steep and the row of terraced  victorian?houses featuring "staggered" ?  front gardens   and walls  to allow for the roads's gradient - it makes for a very distinctive and amazing  road- does anybody know name of such a road in Newcastle?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:42 on 7th November 2008

Wow, that's a tough call t ali!

Hopefully over time, a POE member will recognize your description.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 09:53 on 8th November 2008
Hi - nice to see you back! I have never been to Newcastle so I can't help. Perhaps if you had a walk around Newcastle you might see some of the landmarks still there and you could work out where it is taken. I did that with a railway poster I have of Newlyn. You could also contact the author to see if he knows.
L
L
quotePosted at 15:01 on 8th November 2008
I will have to pass on this t ali, I've never been there and live nowhere near Newcastle so can't  help sorry.
T Ali
T Ali
quotePosted at 23:08 on 22nd November 2008

Okay this will help -I have this pic from film Get Carter(Michael Caine image) are there roads with these houses still in Newcastle? i know name of road in Get Carter it is in  South Benwell..... The street was pulled down around 1971. It ran from Armstrong Road, over Buddle Road and ended at Scotswood Road. It was the final section ( between Buddle Road and Scotswood Road that is seen in the film). If you stand on Buddle Road with Merton Court behind you and look towards the Tyne then you will be as close as you can get to the right spot seen in the film. The power station was Dunstan. The Metro Centre is roughly on that spot today. was wondering of others

http://www.getcartertour.co.uk/

Edited by: t ali at:22nd November 2008 23:16
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 16:24 on 25th November 2008
your only suposed to blow the bloody doors off and all thats what Michael Caine said
 Please login to post to this thread...