Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Boston Stump

Boston

a Seaside Town in the county of Lincolnshire

Brands Bay Sunset, Dorset

Studland

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Need help with an old castle....

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 21:56 on 19th April 2009
Called the Stone Castle, in the county of Kent, was in ruin and all that remained was an tower when an cement works took it over, it was then later bought out by the Church Of England...could anyone direct me to this area..and what has become of it... or it's family history?  thank you, PS> I 'm understanding that this castel was one of those around after William The Conquoer started his castle builing In England an was of an unique type called an "Flint" and stone castle...need to understand that an bit better also.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rafal Bartkowiak
Rafal Bartkowiak
quotePosted at 22:21 on 19th April 2009

I found one website about this castle.Maybe it help you a bit.

http://www.stonecastle.net/history.html
Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 18:58 on 21st April 2009

(((((((((Rafal))))))))))))...I could hug you!..come to think of it..I think I did!!!

Now I have to find my castle building book... goes all the way back to the temple mount of all things. Has nice colorful pictures in it and can find the castle building techniques and make an small writing about it's unique style.... along with it's history.  

Rafal Bartkowiak
Rafal Bartkowiak
quotePosted at 20:16 on 21st April 2009
Hehe,nice to see you are happy,my pleasure.

Edited by: Rafal Bartkowiak at:21st April 2009 20:17
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 10:05 on 25th April 2009
On 19th April 2009 21:56, Shirley K. Lawson wrote:
Called the Stone Castle, in the county of Kent, was in ruin and all that remained was an tower when an cement works took it over, it was then later bought out by the Church Of England...could anyone direct me to this area..and what has become of it... or it's family history?  thank you, PS> I 'm understanding that this castel was one of those around after William The Conquoer started his castle builing In England an was of an unique type called an "Flint" and stone castle...need to understand that an bit better also.
hi slirl!  Flit is a hard rock found in certain parts of our country daing back to prehistoric times cave-men used flint for arrow/spear heads and creating 'sparks' to make fire. it was also used to build walls mixed with other types of stone.
 Please login to post to this thread...