Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bay at New Polzeath in early evening. Walk left on Beach for just yards to Polzeath.

New Polzeath

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Need a little help please...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 03:18 on 17th May 2009

I am trying to call the Hilton Paddington Hotel in London. I need to find out which car rental company is nearest to them. So when i try to email no luck so i tried to call and i know I have to put in the prefix than country code than city code than number but I can not seem to get it to work can you all tell me the whole # I am suppose to use??

There number is  -- 0207 850 0500

Thanks!;-))

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:42 on 17th May 2009

Hi Debbie:  Here you go:

Result, dial: 011 44 207 850 0500

The fourmula is 011 for international access, 44 for the UK nd then the number, but drop the 0 in the area code.  I looked this up on the internet and copied and pasted it.

Good luck!!  So you're going to be brave and drive in London after all, eh?

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 03:48 on 17th May 2009

Thanks Ruth !!,, well not really in London just getting out of London,,lol

We will get the car as we are leaving so we can go at our pace and stop when we want to, so hopefully we will make it out of London alive,,LOL

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:53 on 17th May 2009

Sounds like fun.  I'm sure you'll do fine. 

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 03:57 on 17th May 2009

LMAO<<< I just gor thru and he could not understand what i wanted I just ask what would be the nearest car rental co near the hotel and he thought I was calling to rent a car he kept saying this is a hotel mam,,lol finally he and another person got what i was asking and they said they would rent the car for us but thats not what i want either because i can get it cheaper on there website. i dont think they were british though,,lol  Maybe I will try to call the car rental co...lol

Thanks again Ruth;-)))

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:24 on 17th May 2009
Careful of Fraudsters debbie and use a reputable car hire company such as hertze or simular. Also if you hire in london you'll probly pay london rates (an arm and a leg, as they say) best to do it face to face, you can see what deal you are getting and theres ALWAYS cars availabe. Also by using a big company you can pick the car up at one centre and leave it at another. I personaly would travel out of london by train and pick the car up in a smaller town. Dont give your card details to anyone unless you are absulutly satisfied they are genuine
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 01:28 on 18th May 2009
Thanks Michael, your right,  he wanted to hire the car for us when we arrived but thats still not what i wanted becasue i know it would be more expensive,so my husband and i are just going to wait and play it by ear when we get there because like you say they should have a car we can rent, and i like to rent from avis or hertz others kinda scare me,,;-) o and we may do as you & Ruth have suggested and just wait and see when we arrive and maybe take the train to our next destination and rent one there I guess we will see when we get there.;-))
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:33 on 18th May 2009

That sounds better to me, Debbie, especially since you'll be totin' such a small, light suitcase.  Wink

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:15 on 18th May 2009
a 'tip' (idea, lol, tip can mean a peice of advice, a rubbish (garbage) dump or small gift for services received, lol), when driving in the UK you no doubt will be driving a car with the steering wheel on the right hand side of the car, this is no problem but my tip to the foriegn driver is keep your passenger (on your left) near to the kerb (sidewalk) and you cant go wrong. If you drive on our motorways, (usualy 3-land) keep to the nearside (left) unless overtaking, (You do get idiots who tend to hog the centre lane or even try to 'undertake' you on the left. this is frowned upon and in the latter situation, illegal and downright dangerous). just take your time, relax and enjoy yourself, and remember a smile should get you anything lol
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:17 on 18th May 2009
land, should read lane lol