'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

South Stack Lighthouse, Holyhead, Anglesey.

Holyhead

in the county of Isle of Anglesey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Medical Education

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Matt Goodman
Matt Goodman
quotePosted at 23:40 on 12th March 2010

Hello, I might be moving out to England from the U.S. (either Lincolnshire or Harrogate). I just have a few questions about the two places if anyone has been/lives there.

1. Are there any colleges that my wife could attend to gain Registered Nurse, and if so, how much would it cost?

2. How much does housing cost within the two towns, and how good is the transportation? (I have a car, so hopefully the roads are good)

3. How would you all rate the towns as a place to live, because I know they're both sightseeing towns and somewhat rural, but I've never been to either.

That's about all I needed to know. Thanks in advance for any answers. :) 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:42 on 13th March 2010

Hello Matt and welcome to POE!

Which town in Lincolnshire are you thinking of living in? I have only visited the area a few times myself so I am not the best person to give you an answer (I live in the West Midalnds). If you want to look at house prices in the area it is a good idea to look at a good house buying website - as I am moving myself I have found rightmove to be one of the best house buying/renting websites.

Yorkshire seems a lovely area to me and some parts of Lincolnshire although as in all areas there are good and bad places. You could really do with making a trip here to check it out yourself and I would really consider renting a house for a while to make sure you are happy here!

Good luck!

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:05 on 13th March 2010

Hi Matt and welcome to POE (pictures of England).

We see many requests such as yours and I'm not surprised that after seeing some of the beautiful pics on this site that people from overseas might want to move here. However all that glitters is not gold and, like other countries we do have some problems as well.

I would take Steph's advice and pay our country a visit, with your wife etc., as a visitor for a month to find out all that is available on the employment/domestic front. You'll have to satisfy HM Customs on arrival that you are only visiting and dont intend to stay, or you will not be allowed entry and returned on the flight you came on. My advice is to contact the British Embassey, they will give you all the information you need, ie visa's, work permits etc.

Things are slightly different if you are a citizen of the EEC countries unfortunately.

I hope you find what you are looking for, good luck. 

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:40 on 13th March 2010
Just to say Hello Matt and welcome, sorry can't help with your enquiry though!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:07 on 13th March 2010
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Matt...
Matt Goodman
Matt Goodman
quotePosted at 23:21 on 16th March 2010
Thank you all very much for the help, will definitely be looking around for some good homes. So far Lincoln seems to be a good place to live.
 Please login to post to this thread...