'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Chipping Ongar Main Street, Essex

Chipping Ongar

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Showers in England

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 21:35 on 22nd March 2010
Ha ha! That's why I specified "bathroom" showers!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:50 on 23rd March 2010
I love my shower & I'm going to miss it when I move next week - it's a steam shower with a radio & water jets & all different features - it works off the combi boiler. From what I have been told showers use less water than baths - I like both!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 08:56 on 23rd March 2010
On 22nd March 2010 20:02, David Seager wrote:
Yes, so why can't they make the showers like they do in the US, which just have good pressure without the contraption needed for the power shower.  I just mentioned that because it seemed like that was the only solution possible in the UK.  Is it that water mains are holding less pressure or something?
there are so many out-dated 'myths' in the US about the UK, posibly started by wartime US servicemen going back home after WW2. (such as food and living conditions etc., dont forget we were at war holding back Hitlers facists alone for a number of years before the US decided to give us a hand  and 'sell' us extra war machines  etc and not all americans were in favour of even that.) We (the UK) have for a long time been a modern Western Country and in many ways more advanced than the US (or certainly parts of it). We DO have Power Showers and our water preasure is as good as or even better than any other country.We also enjoy a bath installed as well as a shower in our domestic bathrooms. On TV we see many parts of the US where people still live in 'shacks, trailor parks, and  ghettos, cant get medical treatment etc,etc. I really do think that the US should come out of the last century and realise that there is a modern world beyond there shores.
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 14:26 on 23rd March 2010

Lancashirelove (and everyone!): please know that I am NOT the typical American chauvinist and as an historian and anglophile I am aware that there are ignorant attitudes in the US about the UK and the rest of the world generally.  In fact, I'm so disgusted with the long-term political situation here in the US that I would seriously consider moving "back home" where my ancestors, to my mind mistakenly, left.

My questions are actually meant to confirm my intuitive feeling that many of the ignorant ideas in America are wrong, but I just have to ask!  Strong questions receive strong answers, and that's how one gets at the truth.

Thanks for your patience, your kind indulgence, and all the helpful information.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:49 on 23rd March 2010
Cheers! David, I did not mean to sound rude, I like the US, and most of its people, but like all countrys we do have our own faults as well. Please feel free (and everyone else) to ask us many questions, I'm sure our members will find an answer, its all about learning from each other, this way (by talking) no-one, no matter what their background, needs to be isolated fighting each other. Smile
 Please login to post to this thread...