Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Salthouse Church 2002

Salthouse

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire

Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

WHAT DOES 'COTSWOLD' MEAN?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:09 on 9th November 2010

Rob says>>>Linda-Mary:  I figured that it was a typo, but any chance to tease Ron, you know, good man that he is!

Lol Rob! Perhaps it is just as well I didn't read it until it had been explained in further posts. Love the banter here no matter what but Baronial? Impressive, large....yeah okay then! Lol

Thanks for asking about Anna, Rob. She is making good progress slowly, but I have had enough 'housework' during the last 7 days, to last me a lifetime! Hey, and there's only another 6 or 7 weeks to go!! Never mind she really is worth it.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 14:55 on 9th November 2010

Ron, by "Baronial" I truly meant "of lofty or imposing dignity," trying, of course, to steer clear of the secondary meaning of "impressive in size or proportions!"Wink And when it comes to POE, you are indeed the chief peer of this little realm (with all due respect to Chris and Sarah, of course)!

Happy to hear that Anna is on the mend--time heals all. And just continue reminding yourself that housework builds character--make it your mantra!

Edited by: Rob Faleer at:9th November 2010 14:55
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 15:51 on 9th November 2010
i dont know about the chief peer of the realm ---he certainly is the jester.which cannot be doubted.--have a good day ron.  lol
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:30 on 9th November 2010
ROTFLMHOLaughing
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 14:59 on 10th November 2010
On 9th November 2010 04:55, cathyml wrote:

Linda-Mary says "Well, I go on too long--happens when you turn 66.  Your real life is memories now."

Can't be true Linda-Mary because you are busy planning a trip to England where you will make many new memoriesSmile!

Such kindness does not go unappreciated Cathyml. I won't forget what you said.  Means a lot to me.  You're right--England will bring many new memories.  Hope I can get there fast enough as I have been given maybe 3 yrs. to live.Well 2 1/2 actually.  Damaged immune system.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:33 on 10th November 2010
Oh Linda-Mary what a shock that must have been to you at the time.  But you are obviously not taking it lying down, and haven't given up and are still making future plans, what wonderful courage and faith!  I am sure you are going to get your dream holiday in England and I will look forward to hearing all about it.
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 15:48 on 10th November 2010

Rob you have the perfect life--part in good old US of A and semi-regular jaunts to merrie olde England.  Your kin from the 17th C. may as well have come on the Mayflower.  You could claim that and get more cache at some academia cocktail party.  Your GA mountain girl Ma sounds like a real inspiration as does granny with the tea.  My mother from a village in Sweden made coffee mandatory in our home and Dad rarely drank a cuppa. He had no way to get real tea in the '30's such as Typhoo  all there was was Lipton.  Lipton is ok if you're ill.

I had ancestors come over in I think early 19th C.  They settled on Cape Ann in Mass.  Old Dad visited them in the mid-20's when he stowed away and got here.  Never went through Ellis Island though Mom did in 1928 at age 19.

I cannot claim Apache, Navajo, Cherokee, Iroquois, Creek, Choctaw, Nez Perce, Comanche or even those gorgeous Plains Indians (Bob Barker is one).  But I can claim Goth whom I imagine inspired Gothic architecture.  My mother was from Ostergotland (pronounced Uster-yut-lan) meaning Eastern Goth land.  So I say she was a genuine Goth.  She was the most patriotic American I have ever known.  She was in the League of Women Voters and the National

election of 1960 polling place was in our 18 foot living room in Costa Mesa, Calif.  where I was born and bred.  East side of Detroit--Grosse Pointe or someplace high falutin like that. Your GA mountain girl must have been a singular beauty to nab a guy who could set her up there.  That's just the way it works in the USA.  You get the best if you look the best.  From the photo you use you look like you got a beauty who would fit in in Grosse Pointe.  More power to ya.

Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 15:51 on 10th November 2010
On 9th November 2010 17:30, cathyml wrote:
ROTFLMHOLaughing

I am rather dim.  What the hell does that mean, Cathyml?
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:59 on 10th November 2010
It's like computer speak Linda-Mary - Roll On The Floor Laughing My Head Off.  (or you can put ROTFLMAO) the A instead of the H refers to a part of the anatomy lower down which I don't think I had better name here, lol.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:53 on 10th November 2010

its not ankle is it        good evening all i have been out most of the day been xmas shopping with the wife to southport,anyone been there.