Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The Meandering Lakelander Returns

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 22:13 on 14th September 2012

Glad your trip went well Vince, and it is good to see you back safe and sound!

I look forward to lots of pics of Lakeland pics on POE soon!! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:15 on 14th September 2012
  Thanks Cathy, yes pics to follow but not just the Lakes , Wales and down to Ross on Wye will get a look in as well-- and I might even have bust a green box on the way.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:38 on 14th September 2012
Yes it was good to meet up Vince. As to pics to upload I really doubt if I have too many worth uploading, as you know first hand and everyone else has read, the weather was decidedly 'unphotogenic'. But we will see, I have already quickly looked through about 400 from the first few days and have still to get a similar number from the last couple of days to get onto the computer but should get that done sometime tomorrow evening. Gonna have an early night as i want to up around 6 and away before 7. Nice to beat as much traffic as possible on the motorways. Will have to call in to ASDA at Kendal for petrol, about 5p a litre cheaper than anywhere local????
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:14 on 16th September 2012

Final update until the next visit (which cannot come soon enough)

Was away from the cottage about 6.50, dropped the key in the post, then topped up with petrol just before Windermere, couldn't be bothered to take the detour to Kendal. Very uneventful run home. Managed to avoid a huge delay by an accident somewhere round Manchester was able to cut off onto the slip road and as the accident was right under the intersection just dropped back onto the motorway beyond the accident, very crafty I thought. The only real delay was a few miles further on with a 15 mile section of road works at an ' average speed camera' controlled 50 mph, and nothing frustrates me more on a motorway.....but after that it was clog down and get moving again. Picked the catup from her holiday home around 10.00 and was back home a bit before 1030. So all in all a really good run. Case unpacked and washing that had been done prior to leaving put out for ironing and a few bits put in the washer. Wet boots were repacked with papera nd left to dry. Really need to get a better apir for next visit. Everything was sorted with in an hour so on with a CD or 2 and get the ironing out of the way. Washing put on line and forgotten about for an hour or so. Had an hours sit down with the cat and a coffee and got caught up with a magazine or two. Watched the last hour of the Tour of Britain and then decided to transfer all the photos taken from the laptop to the PC. That took ages but having looked at then again on a decent screen I think there may may a few worth uploading despite the weather. Gave up about 9pm and went down to watch Last of the Summer Wine.

Even some of the photos taken in the rain and wind look reasonable. Just got to find time now to go through them properly and decide what I shall upload. So keep your eyes peeled over the next week or so. I do have other things to do as well. As I said to Vince when we met POE is so addictive a lot of other tasks get leftbehind. Suppose i ought to manage my time better.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:50 on 16th September 2012
I am glad you have some photos to share with us Dave and look forward to seeing yours and Vince's shots soon!
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:58 on 16th September 2012
Don't hold your breath lass, got over 900 to look through, although have just put a couple up for Ron's approval
 Please login to post to this thread...