Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Lone duck at sunset on the canal at Slimbridge, Gloucestershire

Slimbridge

in the county of Gloucestershire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A JULY JAUNT WITH THE MEANDERING LAKELANDER

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 22:43 on 16th July 2013
Just catching up with you Dave, glad the weather is being kind to you, it's blooming hot down here on the South Coast. We're sat looking out over Poole Harbour, we'll have a drink for you, you have one for us in the Rule Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:45 on 16th July 2013
  Getting quite jealous here, POE folk out and about all having a grand time- glad for all of you though.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 22:46 on 16th July 2013
Soon be your turn VinceSmile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:47 on 16th July 2013
Don't think it was far off mid 20's on Windermere today.... Already had a few for you Ruth, a few more will no doubt  follow in the next few daysTongue out
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:56 on 20th July 2013

Good evening amd sincere apologies for the lack of rubbish to report. Cottage has recently changed ownership which I knew about and both new and previous owners had agreed with BT that internet would transfer seamlessly and no one would have any problems...... Guess what???? It didn't happen! ! ! ! ! Surprise, surprise....... I had connection on Wednesday morning but nothing when I tried to continue our escapades on Wednesday night....... Still not resolved when we left the cottage this morning. So have spent quite a bit of time texting and speaking with the new owners, Sarah and Julian in order to help them get it up and running........ but up against BT ! ! ! say no more........ However we are back home now (unfortunately) so the remaining few days worth of enthralling excitement will filter through in due course....... But all in alll we had a great week, probably the best for weather we have ever had in the 6 years we have been going to the cottage........ but as far as decent photos ??? we will have to wait and see........the sun was so bright and high the light was either too flat or too contrasty, but with a  bit of photoshop and a lot of luck I might be able to salvage something. But having said that, I haven't looked at them properly yet so you never know!!

So a few more days worth of unitelligable diatribe followed by a few more pics from the last visit in May yet to be finalised then on with last weeks efforts.  Should keep me busy and out of harms way for a week or two......

So I can only apologise for this blip but the lack reports was taken out of my hands......... but as somebody famous once said ..... I'll be back . . . .

Edited by: Dave John at:20th July 2013 20:58
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:38 on 20th July 2013
 Welcome back sir and just think, instead of sitting indoors wearing your finger tips to the bone just to keep us lot enthralled , with all this great weather you have had you have had more time to spend out walking the fells or supping down the Rule.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:56 on 21st July 2013

Yeah, like the idea of that Vince...must try to get to the 'Rule' and mention his name, bound to be worth a free pint eh?

Temperature is right for me at mid 20c as well.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:08 on 21st July 2013
Welcome back Dave, the week has gone by so quick, glad you had a nice time, look forward to the photos.
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 14:27 on 21st July 2013

Nice to have you back Dave, tell us all about it, and show us some pictures mate

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:54 on 21st July 2013
Thanks guys and gals, although it is nice to be back on line I still wish I was back there.... on or offline .... on the fells .... and occassionaly in the Golden Rule. But still I am back and must get down to reporting the last 3 days of the week and then get down to sifting through quite a lot of images to see if there is anything worthy of insulting your optical nerves withUndecided