Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Portsmouth - Spinnaker Tower at Night

Portsmouth

in the county of Hampshire

'Pretty in Pink' Woolpit, Suffolk

Woolpit

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

THE CUMBRIAN CONNECTION -- ( well lack of )

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:44 on 1st October 2013

Hi You Lot, if you have looked in thinking to see all about mountains ,lakes, tarns and falling in the water - think again ! The man with the Canon he text to say it is great and The Golden Rule is the place to be, in fact that is all he said , so he must be in there all day and night with his Dizzy Blonde and missing all the scenery and pics that go with it, plus not worried about posting his meanderings ! . Oh just a bit, ah that makes more sense- where he stays the inernet connection is not happening so he cannot report in like he normally does ( think it was a bit iffy on his last stay ). So Dave has asked me on his behalf to let you all know that he is up there where he should be but cut off from the internet - and POE - and wishes you all well and is thinking of you all but is unable to post his ramblings.

Well Dave make the most of the week sir and we will expect to hear all about it on your return-----------------------   HAPPY RAMBLINGS 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:01 on 1st October 2013

LOL@Vince!

I reckon the 'Rule' should keep him up there, what say you members?

No more images with loads of !!!!!!!!! or spelling mistakes (he reckons his fingers slip) lol

No more rows of Boats!!!!!

No more Lakes!!!!!!!

Only joking Dave....enjoy yourself, lucky geezer!!!!!! lol

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:45 on 1st October 2013
   I will do that John, just hope the phone does not go off at the wrong time and he gets his feet wet again or it frightens off the wildlife shot .
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:24 on 2nd October 2013
Thanks for letting us know Vince. I must admit I've been checking in looking for him and his meanderings. I'm sure he's having a great time, internet or not Smile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 13:06 on 2nd October 2013
Hi guys sincere apologies but the laptop is giving up on me. Cannot connect at the cottage or any of the WiFi outlets in the village. On my phone in the Lakeside Inn Bowness having just devoured a huge 'upgraded' carvery and including a pint £8.50!!!. Weather not brilliant today although improving so may get a short jaunt in later. 3 good strenuous walks in the bag already so hopeful of at least one more weather permitting!!. Not been the best weather fo photos but still got around 600 up to now. Sat & Sun good but Monday Tuesday very overcast and lowcloud with light so flat don't even think Photoshop will do much but wil wait and see. Trying tofind a small computer shop to have a quick peep to see if they can solve the connection problem. Found one on Windermere but they wanted £40 just to look with no guarantee.... I was polite as i walked out. So with any luck I might be around. Excuse the spelling etc but my fingers are a bit big for the keypad on this phone. At least I still have The Golden Rule
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:44 on 2nd October 2013

Carvery and a pint for £8.50?

Did you have to catch it first? lol

Glad you're enjoying it Dave, wish I could be there.

Thinks....what a few days that would be, Dizzy Blonde an all!

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:35 on 2nd October 2013

Nice to hear from you Dave Smile

Weather here is the South West not to clever either, but like you we're trying to make the most of it.

Have a drink for us in the Rule and we'll have one for you in the Harbour Inn in Padstow. 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 18:25 on 3rd October 2013
Something very odd going on here. Can't get connection at the cottage but can inthe Golden Rule???
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:32 on 3rd October 2013
I'm pretty sure I got a good wi-fi connection in the Rule in April Dave, I remember being quite surprised. I don't remember having to put in a password to connect so I was pretty careful what I used it for. The wi-fi in the hotel was secure.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 20:41 on 3rd October 2013
 You will just have to move in - if you could bear it!