Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Water Shortage???

Preston

in the county of Lancashire

East Bergholt garden

East Bergholt

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

THE CUMBRIAN CONNECTION -- ( well lack of )

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 21:25 on 3rd October 2013
I think if they did rooms he'd be already there Vince Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:27 on 3rd October 2013
  Stop- Stop !  We must not encourage him or we will never see him again.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 21:41 on 3rd October 2013
Hmmm, I don't think  he'll desert us for the Rule, but you never know Smile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:43 on 3rd October 2013
  No just set up shop there and then we will get some typos
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:56 on 5th October 2013

Hi all, back in the land of reality againCry. But would definitley move over there tomorrow given the chance, or more like the money... relatively small 2 bed cottage £350K plus!! and that does not necesarily include car parking. Just a little out of my price range at presentUndecided

Sincere apologies for the lack of reports but the internet was just not on my side again unfortunatley. Very odd things going on though, could not connect with the laptop or the phone in the cottage or a couple of the 'wifi' outlets in the town. Yet the phone would connect no problem in the Golden Rule and down at the piers. Standing on the shores of Rydal Water in the drizzly rain on Thursday afternoon the phone conected to the internet perfectly. So I really have no idea what the problem was. But the new owner is up from next Saturday so have given her all the info I can so maybe they can suss out what the problem is.

Very mixed weather, first few days dry so a few good strenuous walks completed then Wednesday onwards was a case of fit in whatever walk could be done when the rains stopped. But that is what I love about the area, it is so unpredictable. Would never think here of going out at 2pm in the rain for a walk but it just seems the thing to do over there. Got a few hundred pics to sort through although not too excited about what may come of them. The light was so incredibly flat exposure was a nightmare.... Good skies and vastly underexposed foregrounds or good foregrounds and totally blown out skies. Got the feeling even Photoshop may struggle with some of them.

However did meet up with a couple I met back in December who just happened to be up for the week so that helped the week along a treat. Don't think any of us could believe it at first. I went in to the Rule on Saturday teatime as usual and was chatting to a few guys I've got to know and then had a look round, as you do, and lo and behold there was Steve and Karen sat at a table looking back at me with similar disbelief across their faces, so a long chat continued and as they had only arrived that same day and had taken a cottage for the week the agenda for the week was set pretty much in stone. Have given them the POE details so with any luck they might have a look in and join us.

Must start to check out what has been going on although I fear a  weeks worth of missed photos may be a bit too much to trawl through so may just look through the comments thread and see what is to be seen

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:23 on 5th October 2013
Welcome back Dave. Must really try to get up there!
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:32 on 5th October 2013
Hi Ron and thanks. Needless to say I would more than recommend a break up there. You would enjoy the Golden Rule, traditional pub with NO music just a money machine and that is hidden out of the way. Not to mention a great selection of real ales of which Dizzy Blonde is just one. In fact they have a new one in for the autumnal season ... 'Dizzies Darker Side', a little stronger 4% against 3.8% and a nice darker colour. Did sample a couple and it is very nice but reverted to the Blonde...can't have her thinking I have rejected her can I??
 Please login to post to this thread...