Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Slaidburn Church, Hodder Valley, Lancashire

Slaidburn

in the county of Lancashire

Lulworth Cove and Stair Hole

West Lulworth

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Postcards from England ( Cambridge )

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 15:38 on 10th November 2013

Welcome to Cambridge !

I visited Cambridge with a temperature of 30o + celcius in mid April which is in itself quite an usual experience as far as England is concerned !

I was really looking forward to discovering the City of Science & Knowledge which has inspired so many ground breaking discoveries over the centuries through the works of famous scientists such as Issac Newton, Charles Darwin and many more.

Cambridge is of course well known for its prestigious universities and 31 colleges featuring magnificent buildings like the iconic Kings College completed under the reign of Henry VIII.

The city reminded me somehow of Bruges and I really enjoyed the refreshing presence of the river Cam - hence the name "Cam-Bridge" - which flows gracefully through this architectural jewell of a city.

For those who also enjoy the outdoors, Cambridge offers a great variety of parks which are truly delightful at this time of the year and I escaped the busy streets for a while by having a lunch at the Botanical Gardens which are refreshing heaven of peace and beauty just minutes away from the historic town center...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...