Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Porlock Bus service.

Porlock

a Seaside Town in the county of Somerset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

December Dawdling with the Lakeland Meanderer

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:01 on 14th December 2013
  Well there was another trip to the Lakes done and dusted, ( now we wait for the Pics ) and thanks for sharing your time with us- it does make for an interesting and sometimes humorous read. Glad to see you are back safe and sound but the big question is WHEN is the return trip?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:29 on 14th December 2013
Thanks Vince, not too sure about photos but that's what I usually say and always surprise myself, but I fear this week may be the one where I prove myself right!! Have already been asked by my mates in the pub when I will be back ... probably want to arrange their holidays to coincideUndecided  Also a couple of friends are up there 2 weeks today, and it would be great just to turn up in the Golden Rule and surprise them, so if I can get someone to look after the cat for one night that is a great thought but would have to be B&B, which should not be too diccifult in that Alan, the guy who used to do the cleaning and maintenance for the previous owners, also runs a guest house in Ambleside so that is on the back burner and may just become an impulse thing. Don't think it would be a problem this time of year to just arrive and find a bed somewhere for the night. Just a very distant thought but very, very tempting. Who knows might even be able to do a deal with the cottage owner for one night..... Now there's a b****y good idea!!! Failing that will probably be April/May for next trip followed by early July, then September/October and with any luck early December. But still got a house to sell so who knows? When I know, you all will...
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:50 on 14th December 2013
  Food for thought certainly.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:08 on 14th December 2013
Suddenly becoming VERY interesting looking at some of the B&B prices in Ambleside. Looks like the cottage is booked for that Saturday but the owners did say they were going up for the new year, so maybe a chance to meet them also. It is so easy to spend money isn't it?? Keep watching this space ! ! !
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:12 on 15th December 2013
Dave, we stayed at The Fisherbeck B&B, it's on the road about half way between the town centre and Waterhead. I booked it through POE and it was lovely - just a thought Smile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:22 on 15th December 2013
Thanks Ruth, will bear that in mind if I can work things out.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:09 on 16th December 2013
Tried loads of B&B's on line but non taking 1 night bookings!!! May have to ring round on 27th and see if i can persuade someone to go for it....
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 22:15 on 16th December 2013
B&B's can be funny about one night bookings, hotels on the other hand may offer some deals ?
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:27 on 16th December 2013
Yeah, there is always the Queens and the White Lion to try
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 16:18 on 17th December 2013
I had a quick look at the Waterhead, rooms starting from £113 per night Surprised