Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Evesham tower

Evesham

in the county of Worcestershire

Blyth Harbour, Northumberland

Blyth

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

DECEMBER MURMURINGS FROM THE LAKELAND MEANDERER

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:04 on 9th December 2014
  Great reading Dave and as you say it is the being there that counts but do hope the weather lets you make some more good walks. From your descriptions the whole area is always changing according to the time of the year and/or the weather and so there is always something fresh to see. Carry on enjoying yourself sir.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 11:17 on 10th December 2014
Enjoy today Dave, hope the weather is a bit better for you. 
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:03 on 10th December 2014
Today seemed a bit better when I got up, but by the time I'd had a showe and sorted some packup it had started raining again. Left everything for an hour or so as it seemed to be brightening up a bit, but by the time I'd got my boots on .... it was raining again. So not a lot done again today. But when all said and done I would rather be here than on a sunny beach somewhere. Have never been one to chase the sun!! Never had a passport, never needed one and don't think that will change now!!! So on went a few cd's and I caught upwith a few magazines and things. Looks to be very similar again Thursday and Friday but better here than at work ... Might have a drive up to Keswick or down to Kendal depending how I feel. But a few nice quiet days are quite welcome A couple of beers late afternoon where followed by a takeaway from the Lucky Dragon. And that is about for today folks, nothing very exciting at all. Oh, The Golden Rule had 2 new sets of 4 hand pumps fitted today ... the old ones were 80+ years old.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:20 on 10th December 2014
  Soak it up Dave, ( oh bad turn of phrase ) what I mean is it must be better than work and in the place you love - so just enjoy.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:24 on 11th December 2014

We don't see the point of going on holiday to sit on a beach either, very boring.

80 year old pumps, I wonder if the new ones will last that long ? 

Make the most of your last couple of days, I'm sure you're already planning next year Smile 

Edited by: rustyruth at:11th December 2014 15:25
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 18:39 on 11th December 2014
You're not wrong Ruth. Late September alraedy booked to coincide with Steve and Karen. Will be booking early May and a week in July very soon. Also considering a poosible week February depending on cost and how late I dare leave the booking it!!!
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:54 on 11th December 2014
Today started off much the same ... wet and windy. So yet another lie in!!! (could get used to these..) Started the day with cold, but that has been coming on for a few days anyway. So doping up with hot drinks and such.A wander into the village for while and earmarked  a couple of possible purchases from Gaynors outdoor shop. Will think on those overnightand may sort them out tomorrow. Basically another quiet day in and sorted a few photos from Monday to upload, although still have Septembers takings still to sort and upload, but they can wait. Regular visit to the Golden Rule was followed by fish and chips for tea from the Walnut chippy this time!! So much better than the newly managed Smithy!! While in the pub asked John if Margaret had given him a copy of my 2015 calandar which he confirmed, to which I indicated 'Don't lose it this year' and a comment followed from of my local mates Danny 'He didn't lose it, he gave it to me because I kept saying how good it was'. So at long last at least I know it wasn't nicked. But fortunately for Danny I just happen to have a spare one in the cottage with me for nex year. So unfortunately that is about all for today.Can't see Friday being an lot different. 
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:04 on 11th December 2014

Well that's solved the mystery of the missing calendar then Smile

Someone else will probably want next years, then that will go missing too. It's good to see they are so popular, We've certainly enjoyed ours this year. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:23 on 11th December 2014
 I will endorse that, well presented they are as well Dave. You certainly picked a right week weather wise, shame it has cut down the walks but the week has been a good chill out time.
 Please login to post to this thread...