'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Early Morning.

Ellesmere

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hey, I'm looking for 'Brownie Points'.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:24 on 28th March 2008

Well now listen here POE, if I can't get 'Brownie Points' then nobody 'should' because I have pestered, upset, annoyed, abused, made to look foolish some members (well Peter anyway) and have started many threads within the forum that have been the subject of many an opinion. Now listen here members, I don't want you to think that I should receive special attention because of my connection, but I think I should anyway! But then so should those who have given (and continue to do so) us so much fun over the past few weeks since the launch of the forum. This really is going to be a great addition to the site, well done! (Is that good enough POE, can I go home now?) He, he, he you can pay me later!

I know I'm related fellow members but believe me, it's as much fun for me as you....I love the banter from you all, I love  it! Hey, and just as a matter of interest Peter Evans and I really do get on, we understand each other and keep in touch via the POE profile facility. We love the banter!!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 18:35 on 28th March 2008
On 28th March 2008 18:24, Ron Brind wrote:

He, he, he you can pay me later!

I would never make fun of a man with a stutter    , so I say, give Ron the brownie points. Wait, what do you get with brownie points? Maybe I should try and get some.

*Tries to out-do Ron* So Ron is related to POE, big deal! I (that's me), use to LIVE on the same road as POE  . There, beat that!

Can we buy sweeties with brownie points? I'd dearly love some English chocolate right now. Or some Belgium chocolate from the little sweet shop that just opened up across from the chippie, you know the one POE.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 18:43 on 28th March 2008

Re: POE's post called A quick Note about develpment  (link http://www.picturesofengland.com/forum/Recent_Updates_&_Announcements/1278 ) 

Ha! I know what you're at Ron. You want to become a moderator. Well I think that you, me, Lyn and Peter should be moderators. No, wait!, we are the ones that need moderating. Scrap that idea then.

Still I am excited about the edit delete button. I hate to make mistakes, so the ability to repair them is wonderful.

And I will happily make a donation to this site. I would consider it a privilege to help in any way I can.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:39 on 28th March 2008

Where do I start Sue?

I could never afford the property that YOU lived in, in Old Road - thats for starters! As for buying sweet's from opposite the chippie, you mean Greasy Ron's (Clarke) chip shop (not Ron Brind members) his chips were literally always dripping in oil - always! Hence the name Greasy Rons (sorry Ron but its true) and the sweet shop really does exist, how I hate that know all Sue!

I think there are plenty of us within the forum who could, and would be prepared, be honoured in fact to have a say in POE (Thinks....I could delete everything that Peter uploads).

Actually, I don't need the delete button because I don't make mistakes (yawn...) and as for the donations to the site, well without going overboard I know that Chris and Sarah need donations to help keep the site what it is, because with it's success comes a huge bill for hosting. Therefore, I wish to say thank you in advance to all those who want to help to keep it running, no matter what donation you decide to make....thank you!   

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:14 on 28th March 2008

The house I grew up in was built by my grandfather and his brothers at the turn of the century (last one), I'm sure it was expensive enough in the day my mum and dad bought it. But Ron, you would cry along with me if I were to tell you what it was sold for, My 90 year old dad (mum had alzheimer's) was ripped off, and I wished I'd been in England to stop it. Let's just say that we got twice as much for the bungalow down by you, than we did for the big house on 2.5 acres of land.  I won't name the estate agents either, it wasn't the Wheatley lot. My inheritance gone, it was sickening. OK, time to go and cool down.

Ron Clarke, he was in my brothers year at school. Still, I have had chips from there, their serving size is almost American standards, but yes, the chips were a bit on the 'wet' side.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:21 on 28th March 2008

Sue

Ron Clarke is still a good friend of mine (well he was before this post) and went back to his trade (plastering) when the shop sold. I have seen him recently and he told me that he was always able to 'keep his hand in when it comes to plastering' after battering the fish in the shop!!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:35 on 28th March 2008

I think he married a girl from my year, a Forest Hill girl.

I could eat some real English fish and chips right now.

L
L
quotePosted at 21:40 on 28th March 2008
Just wait there Sue, i'll pop out and get you some, cod? haddock? Salt & vinegar I expect? ....you carry on chatting to Ron, dont mind us lol
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 00:45 on 29th March 2008
Whats Ron on about? Brownie points. Your too old to play with Brownies Ron. You big girls blouse.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 13:45 on 31st March 2008
Think back to what you said about Peters' pencil. At least that's one brownie point for you.