Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Village Sign

Snape

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

london Marathon

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:58 on 18th April 2011
On 17th April 2011 18:11, Marjorie Pope wrote:

I've just heard that my grandson completed the Marathon in a very respectable time, and it was a wonderful experience.  Very proud of him! 

Very cool, Marjorie!  Tell him congratulations for us.

As for me, I would rate running a marathon with jumping out of a plane, something only crazy people do.  lol

Just kidding of course.  It's quite an accomplishment and I salute all those who have the discipline, determination and stamina to finish a marathon.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
quotePosted at 16:50 on 18th April 2011

Thank you all, I will tell him.  You are right Ruth, it's not just running a marathon, it's the discipline of the training, etc. for many months beforehand, for all the runners.  Congratulations to every single one of them!

(And Steve IS slightly crazy!!  LOL). 

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 02:44 on 19th April 2011
Good for him, Marjorie. It is surely something to be proud of. My son is a runner, but he certainly didn't get that from me. He hasn't done a full marathon yet, but has done many half marathons around the USA. I know he trains constantly for them. Your grandson should be very proud of himself.
 Please login to post to this thread...