Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Wakefield Cathedral, West Yorkshire. Viewed from Westgate

Wakefield

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Want to know more about England

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jeanne Irvin
Jeanne Irvin
quotePosted at 17:17 on 7th July 2009

I know nothing at all about England except what I have seen on this site. I don't know what an English pound is. What is the eqivalent in U. S. dollars? What are your winters like? Here in Florida there is no winter. It rarely gets below 40 degrees, except twice last December when it was 30 degrees. It was too cold for me, but then again the humidity makes it worse. It rains how many months out of the year in Enland? It sure makes the countryside beautiful. Everything is brown here in Florida. We planted some flowers one month ago and most of them are dead from the heat. The grass in most yards is brown. Because of the water restrictions you are allowed to water the yard once a week, but it doesnt seem to do much.You hear so much about "Sunny Florida". It's not a paradise to me. It's too HOT. When I am financially able I hope to move to a  place where it is comfortable so I don't have to stay indoors all the time.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:31 on 7th July 2009
glad to see you decided to stay with us on Pictures of England.com (POE), Jeannie. we will learn you about England. but we dont judge anyone, just a mixed  friendly bunch of nice international people with help or advice and we dont ask for any reward. join in when you can, you will note that different members come on here at different times of the day or night, because of international time zones. mike
Jeanne Irvin
Jeanne Irvin
quotePosted at 17:32 on 7th July 2009
Please disregard the previous post. My ignorance is showing. I will just read the facts about England like I should have done in the first place.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 17:35 on 7th July 2009
I love learning about England too! And this is the place to do it!!! We will learn together Jeanne. Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:50 on 7th July 2009

Michael??? >>>>> we will learn you about England!!

Umm, err, yeah okay!!

We could even teach Jeanne couldn't we? LOL

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 17:56 on 7th July 2009
Welcome, Jeanne!  True, one can read about England from any number of sources, but sometimes the best and truest (and most interesting) information comes from the natives/locals and occasionally from folks who have visited there.  It is a vast country in terms of the amount of history, culture and natural beauty packed within its borders.  One trip is never enough!  Enjoy your research into England and don't hesitate to ask anyone here at POE.  And enjoy the wonderful collection of pictures here as well as joining in on the various forums.  For me, a day without POE is like a day without a good cuppa tea!  Smile
Rita Iton
Rita Iton
quotePosted at 17:56 on 7th July 2009
Ron. You are really a very funny guy.
Jeanne Irvin
Jeanne Irvin
quotePosted at 19:43 on 7th July 2009
 Thank you all. I will not hesitate to ask when I am in need of info. I did find out that the English pound is worth $1.6219 in American dollars according to the money converter online. I also found out that there are some  English people who don't want American friends. What a kick in the head! I found this out from a woman on a friend-finder site who stated that she did not want American penpals. Can't win them all. That doesn't hurt my feelings because I'm American, but it sure does put a new spin on things.
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 20:09 on 7th July 2009
Jeanne, there are people like that all over the world, its who you are that counts, not where you're from. Just like your fellow countrymen and women we too have our young men and women coming home weekly in body bags when they are overseas on international peacekeeping duties. Some people perhaps dont like Americans, so what, many hate the English too but I'm English, and very proud to be, a lot of Americans are of British stock so its natural to be allied. Tell your friends to open their minds a little beyond your shores, there is lots of love out there.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 21:52 on 7th July 2009
On 7th July 2009 17:56, Rita Iton wrote:
Ron. You are really a very funny guy.

For krissysake don't encourage him Rita!!! Wink Laughing