Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Newspaper 'The Sun' has lost faith with Gordon Brown.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:43 on 30th September 2009
Popular newspaper 'The Sun' has dumped Gordon Brown after 12 years! But, listen to this....Gordon Brown thinks that newspapers don't win elections! Who is he trying to kid? With some 8 million plus readers (last information I have as I don't read it) 'The Sun' CAN and WILL change the way the electorate in this country thinks and votes, so don't keep kidding yourself Gordon, you really are finished! And oh by the way, who is to blame for the state the country is in? A certain bloke who was Chancellor under Tony Blair and wanted his job like nothing else.....hmmmn, wonder who that could be? Oh, then there's the 100 plus tax hikes in the last 10 years or so, without the massive debt we are now in....Cheerio Gordon and good riddance!!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 13:07 on 30th September 2009

I realy dont think the 'Sun' newspapar would make that much difference Ron, its always been a tory 'red-top' newspaper since it came out. it was aimed at the lower class 'tory' voters and women (other than page 3 and the backpage) as an opposition newspaper to the Daily Mirror which of course was a working class 'red top' newspaper.  Now days, with the internet you can actualy hear and see what people are saying and make your own judgement, rather than hear someone elses interpretation of what they were supposed to have said. Newspapers these days are a throwback to days gone by, not even fish and chips are wrapped in them today. 

The mainstream voters at the next election will vote for the party they have always voted for if they can be bothered to turn out on the day, as for the floating voters, they'll just sit on the fence and go with the flow. Floating voters unfortunatly are not to be relied on and only it it for what they themselves can get out of it, the kind of people who you wouldnt want on your side fighting a battle, if the going got tough, they'd be off, lol

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:37 on 30th September 2009

Actually, I made a mistake in the above post Michael, it's currently 10 million readers of 'The Sun' and you think they are not infuenced by what they read, of course they are. I mean why on earth do they buy the paper if they are not going to learn from it? My opinion is that David Cameron has been handed yet another boost!

You write: >>>Ron, its always been a tory 'red-top' newspaper since it came out. So what has it been over the past 12 years then Michael seeing as though they ditched the Tories for Labour?

And our chips are not wrapped in any newspaper today Michael because of Health and Safety reasons, and you know it.

>>>Nowadays, with the internet you can actually hear and see what people are saying and make your own judgement.....true, the power of POE for example!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 16:16 on 30th September 2009
I wonder how Ron REALLY feels....Wink 
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:43 on 30th September 2009
I stopped buying national newspapers in the 70's Ron after reading of a report of a 'footy' match I attended, The reporter (If he was indeed  there), must've watched a different match , lol. The only thing I believe written in a national newspaper is the date, and I always check that lol. The Suns editor is a big pal of David Cameran and The Sun has always been owned by dual nationality billionair Murdock who lives in his tax free haven in America. The Sun kicked the Liverpool supporters in the privates following the the deaths of all those supporters who died at Hillsbourgh, People dont forget these things, I wouldnt read it if was free, and it very nearly is ' cause they cant give it away,  I'm not having a go at you Ron, you openly support the BNP, as you said in a prievious thread. No comment from me on that.
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 12:54 on 1st October 2009

Quote-  'Actually, I made a mistake in the above post Michael, it's currently 10 million readers of 'The Sun'- Ron

Sorry Ron the BBC 1 o'clock news yesterday stated that The Sun newspaper has a circulation of only 3 million, however whats a few million between friends and anyway do you believe the Sun or the BBC, or either? lol

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:54 on 1st October 2009

I also heard that statement from the BBC News Michael, but had previously heard on another channel that it was 10 million. It was the reason I made my follow-up post. Needless to say, I didn't bother to check it out but will do in the course of time, that is when I can find nothing better to do.

As for your dig about supporting the BNP, have you bothered to look at their website lately? Have you bothered to find out anything about what they stand for today? I doubt it, but it might change your views if you did. They also managed to get elected as MEP's meaning there are lots who like the way they are talking!!!

David Donnelly
David Donnelly
quotePosted at 15:08 on 1st October 2009

"They also managed to get elected as MEP's meaning there are lots who like the way they are talking!!!"

I have some reservations about the BNP BUT I know if there was a candidate in any local elections in my area, I and a lot of the people I know would vote for them as a "protest" vote, the main parties don't seem to realise that people who were born and bred here nowadays feel like strangers in their own country.

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 16:56 on 1st October 2009
Hey who's owning up to reading/looking at the pictures in the Sun?? Surprised
Robert Mitchell
Robert Mitchell
quotePosted at 19:32 on 1st October 2009
Hey..if anyone votes on what they read in the newspapers they deserve what they get!