Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Another view of the Castle

Holy Island

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Turkey, Goose, Capon, Fish and Chips, Indian, Chinese and any I missed...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 20:00 on 16th December 2009
Sorry to remain off the original topic, but I couldn't resist!  This is a clip from a 1964 episode of "The Outer Limits" TV show called "Cry of Silence".  You'll have to go about half or 2/3 of the way through to get the connection:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfGTpRrSjnE
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 00:25 on 17th December 2009

You missed Mexican, Ron.  Nothing like a wonderful batch of homemade tamales on Christmas Eve.

I don't know yet where we're eating Christmas dinner, but if it's here, it will most likely be a spiral sliced honey baked ham.  They are to die for.  And i love parsnips, Stephanie.  I'd not tasted them til this summer when we had Sunday roast in a lovely thatched pub in Wimborne Minster in Dorset.  They were yummy!

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 00:26 on 17th December 2009

Capon-

I hadn't thought about capon in years, Ron.  My hubby's famly used to raise them.  Another tasty poultry is Cornish hens.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:00 on 17th December 2009
Haven't heard of 'Cornish Hens' Ruth (apart from the two legged ones) but the Capon used to be restricted in movement in my day ie housed in a very confined space, fed constantly; hence the weight increase and restricted generally in any type of movement. Its probably why it has all but disappeared I guess.
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 16:32 on 17th December 2009
On 17th December 2009 00:25, Ruth Gregory wrote:

You missed Mexican, Ron.  Nothing like a wonderful batch of homemade tamales on Christmas Eve.

I don't know yet where we're eating Christmas dinner, but if it's here, it will most likely be a spiral sliced honey baked ham.  They are to die for.  And i love parsnips, Stephanie.  I'd not tasted them til this summer when we had Sunday roast in a lovely thatched pub in Wimborne Minster in Dorset.  They were yummy!

MMMMM....Honey Baked ham......
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:55 on 18th December 2009
On 16th December 2009 12:22, Rob Faleer wrote:
Actually, Stephanie, your approach to Christmas dinner sounds a lot more sane and sensible--and thanks for the reminder on roast parsnips, which I love! We have to be very careful not to include any peanut products in the dinner for the sake of my nephew who is extremely allergic to them. Also, my daughter does not tolerate citrus very well, so oranges and lemons are out as major ingredients. I hope that you and your family have a lovely Christmas!

Thanks Rob - and I hope you and your family have a great time too!
Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 06:57 on 23rd December 2009

Krissy I am willing to adopt you and treat you to wonderful homemade Indian food-Kebabs,Biryani,Curries,Desserts!Ron can join us if he likes.Merry Christmas!

P.S.-I am not a bad cook.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 09:02 on 23rd December 2009
Sounds wonderful Urmimala. We went to our friend's wedding a few years ago - her family originate from India. We were given so much wonderful food we couldn't move by the afternoon!
Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 12:15 on 23rd December 2009
You are most welcome too Stephanie!
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 12:26 on 23rd December 2009
On 23rd December 2009 06:57, urmimala singh wrote:

Krissy I am willing to adopt you and treat you to wonderful homemade Indian food-Kebabs,Biryani,Curries,Desserts!Ron can join us if he likes.Merry Christmas!

P.S.-I am not a bad cook.

Thank you Urminala!!! I love Indian food!!! I don't have much of it but what I have had I loved!!! Thank you!!!!!