Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Anglican Parish Church at Ripley, Derbyshire.

Ripley

in the county of Derbyshire

A view of the old Gate House at the old deer park between Revesby and Horncastle, Lincolnshire

Revesby

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

This Generation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:21 on 23rd December 2010

In days gone, people would have salted, gritted or warned others of this hazard, now they just sit and laugh. 

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/icy-sidewalk-in-england/1j4oj06fc 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:50 on 23rd December 2010

Not often that we agree Mike but that is despicable, yet typical, and really does show the immaturity of modern youth, although I have to say not all. Personally I would have found salt or grit to stop this happening.

Wonder if their opinions would change had it been a family member?

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 13:05 on 23rd December 2010

I'd like to see that guy and the cackling girl walk out there, fall and smack their heads on the sidewalk...who will be laughing then?? Yell

What jack@$$es....

Bob Smith
Bob Smith
quotePosted at 11:42 on 24th July 2012
I think that's really sad to not warn others about the hazard yet instead, just sit there and laugh while making a video. I'm a taxi driver in Reading and get alot of youngsters wanting a ride. They are very rude and do not even appreciate it. It is about time they started behaving like adults as they themselves are young adults. 

Edited by: bob smith at:24th July 2012 11:42
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:05 on 24th July 2012

It's the same here in Oxford City Bob. Any night of the week you can see the 'young adults' behaving unbelievably stupid, or just being downright arrogant, drunk, taking over the roads, let alone the pavements and totally oblivious to the dangers of the roads, rivers and/or canals.

Arrive in the City at about 9 pm and see them congregating outside the many so-called 'nightclubs' five or six deep across the pavements with what appears the most arrogant attitude, you know what I mean "we are the younger generation and you old fogies know nothing, get out of my way". Where do they get there money from, how can they afford to pay £5 to £10 just to get into the Club? With the cost of beer about £4.00 per pint, and 'specials' from £8 upwards it is beyond me how they afford their rent after a night out.

Maybe the answer is the Benefits Office will pay, if so is that right, and why are we 'old fogies' having to support the arrogant little s...s who probably haven't done a days work in their life!

I've seen them falling about in front of traffic, throwing very hot Pizza's at each other quite literally, as they come out of the place of purchase, so piping hot, and no doubt severe burns thereafter that the local hospital will have to attend to, and who pays for that? Grrrrgh, you've got me going here Bob! Best I stop now....

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:28 on 24th July 2012

After reading the comments I have decided not to watch it, as it makes me sick to my stomach and very disheartened to see people acting in a callous, heartless manner. 

Life is too short and for some, too painful for any of us to be laughing at others misfourtunes.

For every report of this kind of behaviour, which, for the most part we cannot control, I say we all go out and do a good deed and help someone in their need.  

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 17:25 on 24th July 2012
I agree with you Sue! 
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:23 on 24th July 2012

Well said Sue!  

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:36 on 28th July 2012

Bring back the Birch and National Service

Or failing that give them to the Armed Forces for Live Ammunition target practise. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:49 on 28th July 2012
 Now that would be one way to cut the deficit.