Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Minterne Magna

Minterne Magna

in the county of Dorset

Greenstead Church, said to be the world's oldest wooden building, in Greenstead, England

Greenstead

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Autumn,,,,I Love it,,, what about you?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 12:00 on 15th August 2013
Anoher couple of months in the late 70s would be great before winter starts, yes I love the autumn colours of the trees but not jus yet
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 12:07 on 15th August 2013
I agree Peggy, lets have a bit more summer first
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 01:00 on 17th August 2013
On 15th August 2013 11:26, Rob Faleer wrote:
Hmmm . . . where's MY stuff gonna go?!

Get a big trunk, Rob, because you have to sqeeze me in too.  I'll pay the "overweight" fees.  lol

Autumn can't come soon enough for me.  You know how you all get cabin fever in late February, because you want to get outside again and open the doors and windows and get some fresh air in the house?  Well that's how it is for us in late August here in the desert southwest.  And you Brits always complain about all the rain and clouds.  Well, day after day of "abundant" sunshine isn't all it's cracked up to be, either.  I love rainy days.  Ugh! Can't wait til summer's over.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 01:13 on 17th August 2013
On 17th August 2013 01:00, Ruth Gregory wrote:

And you Brits always complain about all the rain and clouds. 

One thing you will NEVER hear me complain about Ruth, is the weather. One of my philosophies in life is this ' If you cannot do anything about it....don't worry about it ' We have no control over the weather whatsoever, so what is the point in complaining about it. Just wear more suitable clothes for the day!!

The Earth as a planet is changing and we can not do anything to alter that. And to my mind the sooner all the politicians and scientists, globally, admit that the better. 

The only weather forecast I believe is the one I see when I open the curtains in the morning.......

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 01:18 on 17th August 2013

That's a great way to look at it Dave.  Except here in the summer, to wear more suitable clothes means you can't leave the house.  lol  And you still sweat!

And yes, climate change is pretty much out of our hands.  It was changing and getting colder and hotter many times over before our species ever arrived.  I think we've accelerated the pace a bit, but what will happen will happen.  We think we're in control of a lot more than we actually are.  And you're right - no sense worrying about it.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 01:28 on 17th August 2013
I think you will find, if my ageing memory serves me correct Ruth, that we have contributed far less than 2% to the alleged global warming. So as relatively very short-time guardians of this planet we have done very little to alter it's regular self destructive course.
 Please login to post to this thread...