Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

In the Botanic Gardens

Ventnor

in the county of Isle of Wight

Penshaw Monument

Penshaw

in the county of Tyne & Wear

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sorry to be a pain.....

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 12:29 on 2nd November 2011

I can't find it listed on POE Ron, and i have some pictures to post,

as Dave says there is nothing there except for a farm at the end of a dead end road, but the views are worth it. 

Thanks for e-mail Dave...it took us 3 visits to actually find it as it isn't signposted except on the main road, but as with most places in Yorkshire it's down to guesswork, but I love the names and there is usually a beautiful little village at the end.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 12:35 on 2nd November 2011
On 1st November 2011 21:24, james prescott wrote:
been to yorkshire many times but never to the east riding.

Look at some of my pics I have put on this week James....The Wolds are spectacular with little villages tucked away, well worth a visit
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:54 on 2nd November 2011
On 2nd November 2011 12:29, Karen Lee wrote:

I can't find it listed on POE Ron, and i have some pictures to post,

as Dave says there is nothing there except for a farm at the end of a dead end road, but the views are worth it. 

Thanks for e-mail Dave...it took us 3 visits to actually find it as it isn't signposted except on the main road, but as with most places in Yorkshire it's down to guesswork, but I love the names and there is usually a beautiful little village

I'll mention it to Chris and Sarah for you Karen, but I think they will need a postcode for the area and it sounds as though there may not be one! Might be better to submit to the nearest location with an explanation in the short term, and we can move them later if needs be.
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 16:57 on 2nd November 2011

I'll do that, Thankyou Ron

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:30 on 4th November 2011
On 1st November 2011 21:31, Dave John wrote:
Your'e not missing much I can assure you. Born and bred here and as we once put in a questionaire by the local rag, in fact calling it a rag is too good for it, the best thing about Hull is the A63 westbound. This place is a dump but suppose I have to say that there are some reasonable places in the vicinity

Nobody likes the place they grew up, Dave, but from some of the pictures I've seen here, E. Yorkshire has a lot of lovely spots. 

Karen, I'm so jealous.  I think N. Yorkshire is the best place I've ever visited.  I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:31 on 4th November 2011

Dave, have you ever been to Brind?  :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brind

Please login to post to this thread...