Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Images in Threads

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:52 on 10th August 2010
As we don't yet see your avatar Bob does it mean have you haven't managed to work out what to do, or do you need more help perhaps? Don't be afraid to ask.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Robert Koch
Robert Koch
quotePosted at 00:17 on 11th August 2010

Hello Ron,

Still doing a bit of thinking about it. It would probably be similar to others where you take an image and make up a very short "story" humorous or not about the contents of the image. My daughter and two grandsons who live in Hong Kong were visiting me, and left this morning to go back home. This will give me some time to come up with an example. 

By the way, where did the word 'avatar" come from?

Thanks very much for your interest.

Bob

PS My daughter thought that I should plan a trip for England next summer. However, I have to get myself in to shape by walking and losing about two 'stones'. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:15 on 11th August 2010
Hi Bob. Avatar means cartoon, picture or icon (representative of yourself) in this particular example, but I admit to being surprised at the various meanings and origin when I googled it. Interesting...
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:20 on 11th August 2010
No wonder we haven't heard from you!  I do hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter and grandchildren and look forward to your joining us now and then and putting a face in place of the "pawn". (lol)
 Please login to post to this thread...