Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Steam Rally

Evesham

in the county of Worcestershire

Upton Country Park, Poole, Dorset.

Poole

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Abusive Comments

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Geoff Stamp
Geoff Stamp
quotePosted at 17:34 on 29th August 2009

Not sure if she intriduced herself at any point, but her name is Susan Stamp (Susan2311).

She tends to be a liitle vulnerable at times so I steered her away from the more intense photo sites. It's amazing how rude and nasty some people can be...even when there is nothing to be gained but a falsely inflated ego. But I guess it takes all sorts to make the world go around.

This site is ideal for her and has boosted her confidence immensely. She has a very good eye, but getting her familiar with the workings of a modern DSLR is a COMPLETELY different challenge Smile

Once again, I commend you all on this wonderful and informative website .

Geoff

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:00 on 29th August 2009
Hi Geoff, Susan can have her own POE account, she only has to register. So now we are looking forward to seeing new member 'Susan' in 'User Introductions' whenever it's convenient and thanks for your supportive comments.
norajean
norajean
quotePosted at 18:40 on 29th August 2009

I'm so sad that someone would come on this site and make rude comments.  I've never understood why anyone does that at all, you do see it all the time on other sites, on just about anything, if you give an opinion, or make any sort of comment on anything, there will be 20 people show up to curse at you and tell you how stupid you are!  What a sad world we live in sometimes.I Can't

Geoff, I think it's so sweet that you've "steered" your wife away from some of the ruder sites!  That just sounds so nice  and gentlemanly!  I look forward to seeing pictures from both of you on POE, this is such a nice place to come to.  Thanks to all who run this wonderful place.
Well Done

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:07 on 29th August 2009
Thanks to you also Norajean for your kind words. Chris and Sarah who own this website, are adamant that it will only ever be a family friendly site. To that end the other moderators also do a great job and are quick to jump on abuse of any sort, as Sue H did today. So a public thank you to Sue H...
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:40 on 31st August 2009

Hi Geoff. I don't believe I've had the pleasure of greeting you yet, so welcome to POE. I am sorry you had such a disagreeable experience. I've seen the pictures in question and I have to say that I thought them spectacular. Especially the one below.

In general I have found that people who make a habit of being rude and disagreeable are unhappy and lonely in their own lives and not knowing how to get their needs met they lash out in their self loathing to hurt others. Really, this person deserves our pity. Never-the-less, it is inappropriate to allow such comments to remain and I am glad that Sarah and Chris are dealing with the problem.

Again, welcome and I look forward to more of your lovely pictures. Smile

Ightham Mote 2
Picture by Geoff Stamp

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 13:43 on 31st August 2009
I agree Diana! And I think that picture is awesome!!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:43 on 31st August 2009

These types don't bother me really, I just cannot fathom out what makes them do do such things. ....some kind of strange adrenaline rush possibly?

This quote was from Goeff.

They DO bother me though, I was always brought up by my parents that 'if you cant say something nice about anyone, dont say anything'. This rude person and any others like her need medical help. If only other web sites would keep their house in order, and moderators not accept rudeness or bad language, the webb would be a much better place, in fact the WORLD would be a better place.

Smile

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 15:48 on 31st August 2009
Hey here was me ready to make some abusive comments!! thought it was an abusive comment thread!! Wink think it was one of my shots she commented on too!! still, each to their own i suppose!! Laughing
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:54 on 31st August 2009
Was she rude to you too, Jason?
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:02 on 31st August 2009
Rude to Jason? It must have been Krissy. He he he he. Sorry Krissy, couldnt help myself.