Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Saving POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

Syd Harling
Syd Harling
quotePosted at 18:06 on 23rd May 2011

Hi everybody,

Let's club together and donate enough money to save POE. We all get much pleasure from the site and can't have it  shut down.

I have donated 15 GBP and hope everyone else does the same or better.

Syd Harling

South Africa 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:19 on 23rd May 2011

Well done Syd!

As you say if everyone does the same we can save this site.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:27 on 23rd May 2011

Thank you Syd. With the momentum growing, it is just possible that we can save this fabulous site. Hopefully, in a few weeks/months time (sooner would be brilliant) we can all look back with immense pride, knowing that we ALL played our part in saving POE!

Thank you dear friends, each and every one of you!

Patrick Hogan
Patrick Hogan
quotePosted at 18:45 on 23rd May 2011

Hi,

I hope all goes well and the site will live on...........  How many images are there currently on the site ?  If you pruned that number by 50% how would that reduce your costs ? There must be so many images that could be selected for pruning by a small committe maybe .

All best wishes, 

Patrick.Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:34 on 24th May 2011

I would see that as a backward step Patrick, although I do understand your reasoning behind the suggestion. Ten years of work down the swanee for Chris and Sarah at the click of a button. Hmmm, don't think so and besides it would have knock-on effects throughout the site for other reasons.

Thanks for your continued support of POE and donation Patrick. It's people like yourself, a member of the family that actually cares, that is making the difference right now. Thank you!

Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 06:42 on 25th May 2011

First I donated 5 pounds.  Later I decided I loved POE so much that I donated another 10 pounds.  It's worth it.  This site is perfect as it is and for one I would hate to see any pics go away.  England is a beloved country to me and I have many ancestors buried there and lots of relatives, too.  The relatives are alive!

Everyone is treated as family on POE.

Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 06:46 on 25th May 2011
I should mention that one of the male photographers and I have caught up a friendship so I shall poke him to see if he's donated his 15 pounds yet.  We email each other every 2 or 3 days and it's my turn today.
Patrick Hogan
Patrick Hogan
quotePosted at 13:25 on 25th May 2011
On 24th May 2011 21:34, Ron Brind wrote:

I would see that as a backward step Patrick, although I do understand your reasoning behind the suggestion. Ten years of work down the swanee for Chris and Sarah at the click of a button. Hmmm, don't think so and besides it would have knock-on effects throughout the site for other reasons.

Hi Ron,

With respect that has not answered my question..............    I asked about numbers and resulting costs to host all these images.

The new request by the site is to only upload relivant good landscape images so deleteing images of random lorries and buses etc could be applied perhaps. I have deleted my pic. of my dog as a gesture . 

Perhaps Chris and Sarah can give us some input on the number of images held and the costs involved.

All best wishes, Patrick. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:29 on 25th May 2011

Yeah, not something that I am privy to Patrick so no doubt the answer will be forthcoming after the initial crisis is over.

And besides......poor old dog, what did he do? lol

Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 23:03 on 25th May 2011
On 25th May 2011 13:25, Patrick Hogan wrote:
On 24th May 2011 21:34, Ron Brind wrote:

Hi Ron,

With respect that has not answered my question..............    I asked about numbers and resulting costs to host all these images.

The new request by the site is to only upload relivant good landscape images so deleteing images of random lorries and buses etc could be applied perhaps. I have deleted my pic. of my dog as a gesture . 

Perhaps Chris and Sarah can give us some input on the number of images held and the costs involved.

All best wishes, Patrick. 

Chris & Sarah should have the final word if any photos should be archived.  Myself, I like photos of a town or city's buildings and people.  There is enough landscape.  Tourists want both, speaking as a tourist.  The real point of the site is to get tourists to Britain, isn't it?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >