Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Ford, Nettleham, Lincolnshire.

Nettleham

in the county of Lincolnshire

This picture was taken at Claythorpe Water Mill & Wildfowl Gardens in Lincolnshire

Claythorpe

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Saving POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

quote | editPosted at 14:52 on 30th May 2011
Dave, is the word "Not" missing from your wording in capitals ?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 15:27 on 30th May 2011

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT mate. Well spotted. Now corrected ! ! and wrist severley slapped ! ! !

It's what comes of doing a few hours catchup at work, keeping track of forums and having Dire Straits blasting out. Thats my excuse anyway.....

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:37 on 1st June 2011

Chris & Sarah I still think the offer of Premier Membership is no where near focal enough on "Add your Pictures" page. 

Is it possible to repeat the blue Premier Membership box into the page itself on the right hand side, either just next to the heading or just below the "Please Note".

There are many photographers who do not participate in the forums but submit their pictures so  they might not have realised how serious the situation is, despite your letter to members.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 07:52 on 1st June 2011

Hi guys, I have to agree and would suggest something a bit brighter and certainly on the Add pictures page, maybe red. The blue banner does not scream out at me. I also have noticed a few new submissions form new members over the last few day. May be they are not aware although i did indicate to one of them in a comment on an image 'hope you are considering the premier membership' but she isn't showing a gold star yet. I was primarily interested in the photo side of the site when i joined, but since getting involved trying to drum up support i have got into the forums. Something i never thought i would do, and look at me now having fun with them. As Mick inferred in a previous post some forums can be so stuffy and pompous. These are simply good fun and where someone asks for help it is given simply and freindly. At last look membership has just crept over the hundred, let's hope it starts to climb again

Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 10:43 on 1st June 2011

I really don't know what to say because all of you--Dave, Ron, Cathy and Mick seem to have the ball rolling.

I have been putting thumbnail photos from POE on my wall on FB for months and months, before I ever learned about the crisis.  I wanted people to see structures that were eyecatchers such as Stokesay Castle in Shropshire.  As you all know I'm a bit thick so I didn't realize I could put tours on FB until Cathy mentioned doing it.  I shall begin doing that right now.

Thank you all for trying to save possibly my only way of viewing certain places in beautiful England and Scotland.  I know my old Dad would have loved this site so he could see Merseyside again.

Hope to put pics on POE next summer!

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:14 on 1st June 2011

You are one up on me Linda-Mary, I hadn't thought of adding thumb nails previously and adding the tours was a fluke which seems to have worked! Lol.

Chris & Sarah could you perhaps mention the need for donations on the "Guest Book Page".  Maybe someone would feel inclined to send something after they have enjoyed the site.  

It was very disappointing to see that no further donations/membership upgrades have happened today.

If we don't increase the current 101 member donations the site will not be able to continue into the future.

I don't feel that we are getting through to the members who do not read the forums, so maybe another mailshot to members would be in order.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 08:05 on 2nd June 2011

Chris, Sarah, Ron,

If this can be passed on to more members than the relative few (I fear) that will see it in the forums please feel free to do what you will. 

To all members, old and new, this unique site has been running for appr 10 years and is now in serious danger of having to close.  I only found it 3 months ago and wish I had found it a long time ago. It seems to be a very popular site with new members coming on board every day. There is also a thriving community within the various forums, quizzes, chats, general banter. The site provides a superb platform for photographers to showcase their images without the stuffy and sometimes ridiculous criticism shown in a lot of the photo magazine sites. It would be a tragedy to see the demise of the site, not just because we members would have nowhere to put our images and get thet ego boost when the comments are received, but more importantly for the 10 years of hard, loving work that Chris and Sarah have put into it.
Donations will keep the site going!! Annual Premier membership can be yours for £15.00 lumpsum or £2.00 monthly for which I believe you get unrestricted access to the site. If I have read previous forums correctly the free membership may soon have to be restricted.
So PLEASE, if you want to see the site continue give your support and become a Premier member of POE.
Needless to say if anyone has any fundraising ideas please get them to Chris, Sarah or Ron as soon as you can.....

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:40 on 2nd June 2011

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your excellent suggestions! We are extremely busy right now with the image cap system which we hope to finish over the next few days, but it involves a lot of work and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day! At the same time we are also in talks with other hosting companies trying to get a cheaper solution. Please bear with us and we will get to the other important jobs that you have mentioned as soon as possible. Thanks again for your great support - it is hugely appreciated and has been invaluable to us.

Thanks again,
Chris & Sarah

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 14:34 on 2nd June 2011
I have just had a quick look at the member list and if I have it right I got up to 1500 names and out of that there is only 18 stars, didn't count all 300 pages.  Come on people lets get behind this and show support to a brilliant site.  I Handmake greetings cards and tags and have made a batch to sell to family and friends, I will donate the proceeds to POE, it is the least I can do, since joining in March I have had wonderful feedback, chats, and challenges, yes you know who you are, (Cathy), also I appreciate what a Beautiful country I live after seeing so many Wonderful photographs from like minded and very informative people....... With so many members if we all gave a little, just think how long the POE site could continue to give such pleasure to so many people around the world Smile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 15:18 on 2nd June 2011
Hi Karen, If you click on the blue link at the top left and than on the link in the text somewhere to the right I think you see a slightly different picture. 105 Stars at present and the list goes to 130 pages which is 6500 members although i understand that total membership is about double that! ! ! So it does not take much to work out just how solvent the site could be with only relatively small percentage of us Stars.But I know Chris and Sarah are working on many things so lets just hope for the best. I only joined a week before you and as I have said many times it was a lucky Google that is probably the best gGogle I have ever done. I know your offer will much be very much appreciated by them as will anyother ideas you may have.