Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Eton College, Berkshire.

Eton

in the county of Berkshire

St. Michael & All Angels Church, Pinhoe near Exeter in Devon.

Pinhoe

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Saving POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:22 on 2nd June 2011

Hummm Karen.  I wonder if there is the possibility of an idea there - a sort of shop window for Premier Members to showcase things like your Handmade cards - for people on POE (or visitors) to buy - with a commission or proceeds to be paid to POE?  I'd be interested in your Cards and tags! (Especially if I could chose them on POE and you would post them in the UK to all my family there! lol, for a fee of couse!).

What about a POEbay - amongst the members - say I have a camera I don't use anymore and offer to sell it on POE - proceeds or commission to POE.  We could do it on a POEbay thread!

Something via a thread would probably be easy to set up but the shop window might be more difficult involving Chris & Sarah in more work - and we see in their post above - they have too much on their plates right now.  

What do you think POEsters?  Is it workable?  Viable?  Worthwhile?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:11 on 2nd June 2011

As you are a 'Premier Member' of POE Karen, you can now put a commercial link in your Profile, which until now has not been permitted.

Bearing in mind POE are getting something in excess of 66 million page views Karen, things could hot up for you in the card industry!

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:31 on 2nd June 2011
Here's a reminder of what POE is offering us as a Premier Member:
  • Additional Image Hosting. You will be able to upload as many pics as you want whereas a limit is soon to be introduced for non Premier Members
  • You can add your website address to your Profile as POE will now allow Commercial links  - this will enable visitors/members to visit and browse your own web sites.
You will get a Gold Star next to your name throughout the site, highlighting you as a Premier Member and supporter of POE.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:05 on 2nd June 2011

We are aware that some members have got a link in their Profile despite not being a Premier Member. We know that previously some 'slipped the net' so to speak. Therefore if you want to keep your link in your Profile upgrade now please, because it's one of the things on the 'to do' list that will be sorted out very soon.

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 18:38 on 2nd June 2011

Yes that is worth considering, my Husband would have to set the link up as I have been known to wipe out complete programmes,they said it was impossible, but I did it!

I already have a craft room that is full to the rafters with card making stuff so as soon as is possible I will put them on, that will keep me busy, so watch this space Cathy.

Yes Dave, I know I got muddled with figures, I realised as soon as I posted it, but someone at the door and for some reason that number popped into my head, I got carried away with the impassioned plea.Embarassed 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:33 on 2nd June 2011
It's easily done Karen I did a similar thing so you ain't on your own. Though I put it down to whisky in my case. . . .
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:39 on 2nd June 2011

I'll be keeping my eyes open Karen, but drop me a hint when you are up and running with a website.

I'll have to see who I can persuade to do one for me!  Hubby muttered about it some time ago but I'm still waiting, lol.

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 11:35 on 3rd June 2011

I'm sorry to see so many regluar contributors still missing from the Premier members list, many of whom don't seem to follow the forums, So my question is, are we getting to them? If not what else can be done to make them aware.of the situation? While I love the blue banner perhaps a flashing red banner might work better until most of the existing members become aware.

Come on members Premier membership can cost less than 3p per day WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:05 on 3rd June 2011

Hi Sally, I agree with you but also I do know that Chris and Sarah are working on a lot of things including another 'all members' mailshot for sometime next week. I have also seen new photos being submitted as well so that is where a I think a very prominent notioce could go.

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 12:36 on 3rd June 2011
On 3rd June 2011 11:35, Sally Birch wrote:

I'm sorry to see so many regluar contributors still missing from the Premier members list, many of whom don't seem to follow the forums, So my question is, are we getting to them? If not what else can be done to make them aware.of the situation? While I love the blue banner perhaps a flashing red banner might work better until most of the existing members become aware.

Come on members Premier membership can cost less than 3p per day WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

maybe we could all help non premier members by pointing them to the blue banner and the advantages of the membership in a positive way when we make a comment on the picture they have posted. 

I didn't see the banner, I was drawn to the star next to the photographers name and wanted to find out what it meant, it was then after scanning the page that I saw the banner, I'm sure with a little direction we will get a lot more signed up.