Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Fox Inn - May 1990

Hallaton

in the county of Leicestershire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Saving POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:50 on 3rd June 2011
Not a bad idea Karen. Have to say that is exactly how I realised and got my bank card out immediately. Would need to be diplomatic to avoid insult. I did put a similar pointer on one comment to someone but she has not yet taken up Premier status..... 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 14:54 on 3rd June 2011

Members have suggested that the "Submit Photo/or Add photo page" needs a very obvious advert/banner which Karen would then have seen immediately and not had to go looking (although I am really glad that you did!).

Almost everyone who visits the forums now has a star so it is the photographers, who do not look in on the forums, who now need to be informed, and that makes the "Submit photos" page the most obvious place to have the flashing signs.  At least I think so.

However, I do think we need to be a little sensitive to the photographers - as they are loading down their pics which makes this site so wonderful, and there may be some of them that genuinely are not in a position to help POE financially, so it is a little bit of a tightrope walk as I don't think we would want to lose them because they do not have/can't afford to have a STAR!

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 15:58 on 3rd June 2011

I have just sold the last of my free range hens eggs and put the money in a pot to donate, even my lovely hens are doing their bit.

I realise that not everyone can afford to donate as times are very difficult at the moment, and the last thing we want to do is to alienate between haves' and have nots.   I don't work and so have taken the option to pay monthly as I enjoy POE, not only for the brilliant pics but the forum and the sense of community, I don't always join in but I often have a look at what is going on and love the ISpy and the funny friendly banter between the regulars, It's a pity we can't encourage more onto the forums, I find the whole site good fun and very enjoyable, and it's the best thing I have found on the internet.

I will now get off my soapbox Laughing 

Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 17:21 on 3rd June 2011
I have just tried to donate money and become a Premier member. However, I completed the form and got an error message. Now I don't know if I have paid or not.
Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 17:27 on 3rd June 2011

Right, I have done it again and it worked. So you may have two donations. That means you owe me a nice Malt sometime

Andrew

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:30 on 3rd June 2011
That's great Andrew!  Welcome to the Stars! lol
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
quotePosted at 06:06 on 4th June 2011

A bit odd there is no star by your name yet, Andrew. My star came on very quickly.  I paid through Paypal, of course. Paypal sends funds instantly and the fees drove my contribution to $25.00 when xchange that day was 60p to $1.00.  If that xchange holds true there should be lots of tourism which is good for Britain.  We look upon Britain as the motherland here as many of us have British heritage including myself.

Sorry I went off subject.  What about the banner flashing red, white and blue?  It's the colours in the Union Jack and the Star-spangled Banner and many other flags.  A bit of patriotic appeal?  My husband has suggested a membership fee of 2 pounds. Is that affordable for the majority of registrants?  Most of whom are from the UK.  66 million views must garner members as I see new names all the time on the roster.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:35 on 4th June 2011
On 3rd June 2011 17:27, Andrew Marks wrote:

Right, I have done it again and it worked. So you may have two donations. That means you owe me a nice Malt sometime

Andrew

Hang on in there Andrew.

I can tell you that Chris, Sarah and daughter Emily are all suffering with the severe cough that has afflicted Anna and I for the past 4 to 6 weeks. It near takes your head off when you cough, with immense pain at the temples, over the eye's, top of the head. It makes you feel awful and wanting to do absolutely nothing, but of course the family still needs to be looked after. It's the reason that I have not been so active in the forum just recently.

But anyway, allow me to say thank you on behalf of POE and the members for your donation, which I am sure will be confirmed before the day is out.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:07 on 6th June 2011

We have a few more STARS members!

And a nudge, nudge, nudge to those who haven't yet done their bit for England. Pictures Of England...

Thank you members.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 16:26 on 6th June 2011
That is wonderful news and I see Andrew now has his star!  It's great to see some more of our wonderful photographers coming on board!