Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Piccadilly

Piccadilly

in the county of Greater London

The Grey Horse Pub, Penshaw, County Durham

Penshaw

in the county of Tyne & Wear

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Saving POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:58 on 7th June 2011

Where's the blue button gone?

I would have thought you would rather stress the Premier Membership rather than the ordinary membership!

Bewildered! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:45 on 7th June 2011

I would think C&S are in the process of moving it CathyML possibly to the suggested 'submit pictures' area as suggested by the members, but thats just a guess as I haven't seen or spoken to either of them today.

Fact is, it's not as easy to do as one might think, but hang on in there I'm sure an explanation will be forthcoming if I am wrong.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:35 on 7th June 2011
I see it is back again!! lol
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:43 on 7th June 2011
Must have wanted a short holiday ! ! !
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 18:05 on 7th June 2011

Hi Cathy,

It should have been appearing for non-premier members anyway, but its back for all members to see for the time being.
If someone signs up, we promote the premier membership to them on the sign-up form. We also mention the Premier Membership in the 'welcome' email they automatically get after joining the site. We can also periodically send out emails to the Non-premier members in a bid to get them signed up.

Not one new member has gone for a premier membership in the 2 weeks since it was launched, so it looks like the priority is getting them to register first as a free member, then once they see the value of the site they may decide to upgrade, especially if we encourage them through email shots, the forum etc. Time will tell and we are also focussing on improving the accommodation side of the site to encourage bookings, putting a lot of work into that too.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:12 on 7th June 2011

Hi Chris & Sarah

Thanks for explaining.  You two are certainly busy, rushing around in the background trying to make POE bigger and better for us.  Thank you!

I have been trying to encourage some of the photographers to take out Premier Membership when I comment on their pics, and whether it is coincidence or not I see 2/3 have actually signed up.

So all POEstars that might be another way to encourage non Premier Members to sign up!Smile

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:38 on 7th June 2011
I agree Cathy and think that a little nudge now and again might nudge a conscience or two. I also see the point made by Chris and Sarah that those who join free will hopefully realise the full benefit of the site after a few weeks. Especially if they have many images to submit but are hit with a limit
Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 05:28 on 8th June 2011

Well, as Cathy bullied me into signing up I don't see why she shouldn't do it to everyone, lol! 

I belong to several other sites and the ones that make a small charge are the ones that are flourishing and expanding. It is a wonderful philanthropic idea that you can run a site without charging, but, unless you are very well off, it gets expensive.

Andrew

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:29 on 8th June 2011

Lol!   Andrew!     Bullied?    Whatever works to save POE!  Wink

I don't think you will regret it though and it's great to see you with your Star, joining in the forums and adding your pics.Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:48 on 8th June 2011

Ha, ha bullied....... love it Andrew/CathyML and thanks!