Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Traditional Devon cottages backing onto churchyard in Zeal Monachorum, Devon

Zeal Monachorum

in the county of Devon

East beach, Charmouth, Dorset

Charmouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Please can someone update me as to what is happening on the site.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Mark Stace
Mark Stace
quotePosted at 01:11 on 17th December 2012

Sorry if this seems like I have been in solitary for a long time but I am quiet confused at the moment.

I submitted pics for the site and they were awaiting approval, then like magic they just were not there anymore, and no explanations or emails. I started to read the forums but there is sooo much I have missed it will take me forever.

Could somebody please clarify a couple of points for me please. Firstly I am already a premier member so can I upload any subject or are there now restrictions on subject material?

Second, if my pics are not approved will I be told or is that maybe why they just disapeared.

Lastly is POE in trouble and struggling at the moment and if so what is ailing it.

There is no contact us option that I can find so how do we contact the site admin or do we just use these forums?

Hope someone can just give me a heads up on it all as I have been off the radar with losing my job and all.

Regards

Mark

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:50 on 17th December 2012

Hi Mark, lots of questions that I will begin to answer for you. Any that I don't cover will come from POE owners Chris and Sarah. I act only as a Moderator for POE and I can assure you that, that in itself is a massive amount of my time, given voluntarily to the site which has been trading for some 12 years!

Not all pictures submitted are approved, and for various reasons. A few examples follow, but remember also that POE reserves the right to accept or reject as considered necessary in order to help with the huge hosting costs.

Poor quality pictures, black and white, pictures of pet dog/cats etc, scanned pictures, poorly framed, pictures with absolutely no description that could be anything, or anywhere, non England (Britain) pictures, multiple pictures that represent the same subject from a different angle, blurred pictures taken from moving vehicles and so on...That said, I think we are very fair to the members in what we approve bearing in mind we are not restricted to professional photographers, which in turn creates many discussions in the threads because many 'amateurs' have submitted some fantastic pictures, of equally professional quality.

You say>>>so can I upload any subject or are there now restrictions on subject material? You can upload them but it doesn't mean they will be accepted, as I say above POE reserves the right to accept or reject.

If your pictures are deleted, I will not personally inform you simply because of the time involved, but the POE email in red text that you receive explains.

POE has struggled from day one, in that husband and wife team Chris and Sarah have been working all hours, as well as looking after a home and four children. However, they are also seeking donations to help keep the site running, as do other sites, which is a major and ongoing battle.

There are opportunities to contact POE, either from your Profile (click on Contact member) or throughout the site you will see that UK2 @ PicturesOfEngland.com will also find Chris and Sarah. They are always pleased to hear from members, but cannot possibly respond within say 24 hours, more likely to be a week or so due to the pressure of ongoing work.

I think the above should at least help you to understand, but if you want more answers do please make contact with POE.

Mark Stace
Mark Stace
quotePosted at 10:17 on 17th December 2012

Thank you Ron for your quick reply, brings things into focus for me a bit bettter now, excuse the pun.

I really like the site and would be sad to see it go so I will do my best to help support it in the future. I like some of the new ideas like a link to contributors web sites, though I do not have one at the moment myself.

Time is hard to find for most today especially with a family, to be honest I do not get enough time to interact in the forums as much as I would like to, but hope to do so more in the future.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:25 on 17th December 2012
Glad to see you have got it sorted Mark--good luckSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:33 on 17th December 2012
Thanks Mark your comment and understanding really is appreciated.
 Please login to post to this thread...