Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Castle Crag, Borrowdale, Cumbria

Borrowdale

in the county of Cumbria

Dick Turpins cottage

Thaxted

in the county of Essex

A long winding road in Lower Heswall, the area has remained unchanged for around 100 years.

Heswall

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Premier Members

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
quotePosted at 16:02 on 18th March 2013
Whilst looking through POEs membership i was amazed to find that only 127 members out of over 12000 were premier members.That simply, is not good enough after all POE is a free (other than premier Members).gallery to exhibit photographs.Come on members become PREMIER and keep POE going. 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 21:17 on 18th March 2013
Mike I am amazed,   are you sure, if so it is about time for the sake of the site and for Chriss and Sarah  that it needs to be sorted
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:33 on 19th March 2013

Mike started this thread, thank you Mike!

But Peggy is the only person to respond with a post thus far, so does that mean that 34 members who have looked at it, are now paid up and what about the other thousands of members who add their pictures daily, all paid up? Hmmn, if only!

So are you going to help keep POE going?

If so don't leave it too late please, or there may not be a POE to come back to. Hit any 'donate' button to begin the very painless journey.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 08:42 on 19th March 2013

My renewal is due soon and will be made have no fears.....

Seem to recall we had a big push just after I joined a couple of years ago. We saw a few Premier subscriptions come on board over a few days then it died off. Unfortunatley that is the inherent problem with sites that offer 'free' membership.

One possible solution might be the restriction to number of photos that free members can upload, but I know this is something that Chris and Sarah have had in mind for a long time now. But where do you set the limit to avoid it being a deterrent??.

Another possibility would be to restrict the period of time for free membership, but again what time scale...1 month, 2 months ?? and how would it be regulated. More programmes to write???? 

I know that Ron ends out a welcome message to all new members and this extols the virtues of the Premier membership and apart from that I really do not see what we can do, the site is basically free and it is up to each individuals conscience to make their own decisions

I certainly that that anyone uploading photos should be willing to pay what is a relatively small donation for a year £15 ???? What will that buy you these days........not a lot ! ! !  But it will buy a full year on POE and help Chris and Sarah keep this amazing site going. 

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 09:58 on 19th March 2013
On another site you are allowed 200mb free, and then you pay an annual subscription, well they are not short of members nor pictures so it does work, I often look at it and that is where poor Syd used to put his pictures, I prefer to pay to this site.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 10:17 on 19th March 2013

200mb pales into insignificance when you consider the number of photos some people have on here. I reckon I must have somewhere in the region of 2700mb at a rough calculation and there are folk with many more pics than me. So for £15 I think it is extremely good value

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 10:34 on 19th March 2013
I agree Dave, I know I have about 3,500 pics but do not know the mbs, I Think my membership must be nearly due I also pay for my son, and would rally like to know when they are due, is it possible I wonder, where's Ron??
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 11:42 on 19th March 2013
I took out Premier Membership the day I joined POE, it just seemed the right thing to do. 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:08 on 19th March 2013

Thank you to those who have responded thus far with comments and/or donations, it's appreciated.

Maybe the sensible thing to do is to send every new Member an email on registration requesting a donation there and then, with an automatic Annual renewal notice thereafter?

Anybody else got any ideas?

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:28 on 19th March 2013

I know you once told me that you send a mail out to all new members but if I remember that was quite a long message expounding on the benefits of the site and such, so maybe a very brief message regarding the Premier status miembership might be a good idea. If this could be programmed as an 'automatic' relpy it would ensure that every new member gets it without having to rely on any particular person (probably you i reckon Ron) missing anyone.......afterall even you are only human Ron !!!

but yes i think that would be a good starting point

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >