Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Telscombe beach and cliffs, East Sussex

Telscombe

in the county of East Sussex

Peel Street, Marsden, West Yorkshire

Marsden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Why are my photos "in stock"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:48 on 6th November 2014
With that I agree Dave Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 20:54 on 6th November 2014

Jools think twice about this. As I said I have not seen all the deleted posts but certainly think a lot of unnecessary frustration has come to the boil. let Ron investigate and hopefullyfind your photos. the we can put all this behind us and carry on doing what the site does best. Can you tell Jools me are the photos you have uploaded highlighted in red by any chance as this would mean they are pending confirmaton from POE

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:02 on 6th November 2014

Chris and Sarah are looking at this right now and so I ask that you give them a while to sort things out please.

I would add Jools that if you hit the refresh button your posts will be duplicated, in which case they could then be deleted by a moderator anywhere in the world so please click on the 'Latest Forum Posts' top left.

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:02 on 6th November 2014
Just had a mail from Ron he is investigating the problem now so hopefully should be solved soon
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 01:08 on 7th November 2014
We know that John Smile
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 07:48 on 7th November 2014
On 6th November 2014 19:43, Dave John wrote:

Just put a mail onto Ron so hopefully can investigate and resolve this totally unnecessary situation

But the only though I have is that the pictures have not been confirmed yet by POE

Jools, can you copy and paste the wording on the page, as I did earlier, where you can see the photos, that might give us a clue. Because at the moment they are definitely NOT up for general viewing

Jools, I think Dave may have hit the nail on the head by saying your pictures have not yet been approved for public viewing. You may like to try the experiment of clicking on your profile link without logging in. You will then see what the public are seeing, and I assure you that at the time of writing this, you have no pictures up for public viewing.

This episode does seem to have got out of proportion. I can only echo what others have said about PoE. From my perspective, it is a bunch of enthusiastic and well-intentioned amateur photographers, with a lively and varied discussion forum for those who wish to participate. I think you have been unfair at taking umbrage at Ruth's comments. I am sure they were not meant unkindly, although you seem determined to see them in this way. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:33 on 7th November 2014

I also think Ruth was unfairly castigated Jools and hope you will be able to accept that Ruth really is a decent, caring person who contributes greatly to the POE forum. Further, there was no intention to upset you.

Chris and Sarah were looking at this last night, but have both been ill, so Jools give them a chance to sort this out please and to respond accordingly when able.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
Posted at 10:34 on 7th November 2014

Hi Ruth, James and all

Thanks for stepping in and trying to resolve this matter of the missing images, as unfortunately we could not be around. We really appreciate all your support of the site, and we apologise for any confusion caused which led to this incident.

Dave was indeed right and it was a simple case of the photos were not yet approved, meaning although Jools could see them, they were not on public display and so nobody else could. This obviously caused a bit of confusion all round, and for this we apologise to all concerned.

We have also emailed Jools hoping they will reconsider.

Thanks again all for your loyal support. We'll consider this matter sorted and thread now closed. Cheers.

Chris & Sarah 

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6