Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New Article - Did Richard III Kill The Princes in the Tower? by Cheri Thomas

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 11:01 on 21st March 2008

From now on, every article that is added to the site will be announced in the forums, giving each article more coverage and creating a place where members can discuss it or post their comments.

First off is a great little article by Cheri Thomas entitled "Did Richard III Kill The Princes in the Tower?"

Please enjoy! and if you have any comments, please post them here. Many thanks!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:41 on 21st March 2008

Ask Peter Evans, he's from that period!

I shall watch this one with great interest Cheri...well done!

Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 14:50 on 21st March 2008
Thanks Ron.  I appreciate the input.  This was my first attempt at writing so I was pretty nervous.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:07 on 21st March 2008

Cheri

Two things to talk about!

1). Don't be nervous, because if you make a mistake, all you need to do is ask POE to delete it. In time we will have our own delete facility I feel sure, so try anything, and if it doesn't work ask POE to delete as I mentioned.

2). We can't see your face in the avatar! Don't want to be the odd one out do you? C'mon you can do it. (I might add, I only added my pic last week....and it was a forum member that told me how to do it, so what are you waiting for, you are among friends, some nuttier than others but!!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:27 on 21st March 2008

A good article, Cheri.

Alas no one will ever know for sure the identity of the killer/s of the two princes, but little was done at that time without the say of the King himself, for fear of meeting their own untimely end.

So my uneducated guess would be that yes, King Richard III did have something to do with the dispatch of two young royals, though I doubt he did the deed himself.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:46 on 21st March 2008

For those who don't know where it is, click the following link http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Greater_London/London/Tower_of_London/article/1040

I can tell you it's a brilliant piece of work, very well done Cheri! Can't understand what you were worried about in posting it. Oh and by the way, I agree with Sue entirely.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:02 on 21st March 2008

So Ron, you are saying that you too are uneducated  .

Just teasing!

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:25 on 21st March 2008

Hi Cheri, dont worry if you make a mistake, Ron will point it out to everyone, He he he..Ask him about LL.

I saw a progam on tv, I think it was called the princes in the tower. After quite a lengthy investigation. the general concencus was, that he did, although unproven. He had very strong reasons for doing it, or at least giving the order. I think he was the one.

By the way, I know cos I was there. lol

Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 01:22 on 22nd March 2008

I know it sounds odd but I seem to have about 1000 pictures of England and the various groups, but none of myself.  I'll look through them and see if I can't find one to download.

Thanks to everyone for your input.  I still have to disagree with you though.  Please understand that every thing I say falls under the category of "From what I've read, my opinion is". 

Peter, I don't think he had a motive.  When he was crowned, the boys were "still alive" so if "being the king" could be listed as his motive, he was already "the king". He didn't need to kill the boys to be "the king" and the Titulus Regius had determined that the boys were illegitimate so they were really no threat to his crown.

Sue, I agree with you too that very little was done without the kings knowledge or consent but again, having already been crowned "what" was his motive? 

Buckingham was a pretty unscrupulous character.  It wasn't a case of someone running out of the tower yelling "Oh my God, the boys have disappeared"  It appears to be more a case of , after a period of time, no one simply "ever saw them again".  It took their mother 2 weeks to question where they were. Richard was 200 miles away during that summer.  Three days after the princes were last seen playing in the garden, Buckingham left London, and defected to the Lancaster side. Within 2 months, he accused Richard of their deaths and started his rebellion.  With both "opportunity" and "motive", I still vote for Buckingham.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:30 on 23rd March 2008

Sue

My education started at Sandhills Primary (remember Mr and Mrs Terrett Sue?), Marston Secondary and Rycotewood College in Thame for a short while where I achieved my 'Agricultural Pass'. So not exactly 'educated' but I did go on to invent two new products for the world as aforementioned in the forum that were granted Patents but made me nothing. I previously spent over 21 years in the pest control industry (which is why I know about dinkers and gingernits Lyn), nine years in BMC Service and the Pressed Steel factory whilst seeing many changes in Cowley, and I have written a book titled 'A Guide to the C. S. Lewis Tour in Oxford' . So who needs an education? Came in with nothing, sure looks like I'm going out the same way!