Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Blakeney, Norfolk

Blakeney

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Poems by Jeannie

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 10:21 on 8th January 2012

I'm having a bad week, and really need everyone's prayers. I don't know the outcome, only God does. I just know to stay faithful, and continue to serve him. And try to keep my chin up, and continue to let my rainbow's shine, among the dark clouds, trying to work their way into my sky. Jesus please help me. ..Keep me in your prayers.

Jeannie

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 11:20 on 27th March 2012

I will be posting new poems in here soon, please be patient with me, going through some trials, I know in the end they will be turned into blessings, and I will see the rainbow again.

Love, Jeannie

Edited by: Jeannie Fetters at:27th March 2012 22:32
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 08:14 on 5th January 2013

My sweet Poe friends.

I am sorry I have been away for so long. Times were really hard this past year. Met an awesome man, got engaged, had good times, bad times, sad times. Had ups & had downs. It had gotten serious enough we had set a date, and I bought my dress. Only for it to go sour. We are parting as friends. I felt it was best to walk away, as their was alot of emotional drama, between his mom, him & I. I felt if it was this bad now, it could only get worse. So I called everything off, words were exchanged between he & I, sometimes loudly, sometimes calmly, sometimes through tears. Twice we tried to make a go of it. The 3rd time I gave up completely, & felt it was the right thing to do. So for my kids & I we are moving on with our lives. I miss him some, but as my friend put it, maybe I missed his companionship. I just know my nerves were shot, and getting worse. I feel it is best to leave his name out of it. He was good to me, never hit me or anything, never drank, and over all was a good Christian man, and he left as a good Christian man. It is easier to just say "thing's just didn't work out." However, there is always more to the story, as the phrase goes. I ask out of respect to  all of my friends that read this. Please do not mention his name, for his & his family's protection. Please respect his privacy. But, see this is where I place all the details into my future book. As I will still have it published. It is my dream. I will not leave me dream of writing poems & my book behind again.

I have been attending American InterContinental University, out of Chicago, Illinois. I am taking online classes to earn my Bachelor's degree in Entrepreneurship. I"m starting my second year. My daughter is now 15, and my son turns 12 soon.   So, do I have another love, no. Not Yet, and I'm in no hurry. I have my eye on one, it is in God's time not mine.

Over the past year. I met a lot of awesome friends. They are in a group all by themselves, as we all re-in-act the Renaissance Times.  we all act in a Castle type atmosphere. If you are ever near Oklahoma, the location is Muskogee, Oklahoma. The Castle of Muskogee. My friends are also known as The Knights of Castleton (in Facebook). As well as, you may see photos of everything (in Facebook) as "Castleton Photos"  I have not got to completely join them yet. I go for Orientation in Feb 2013, to see if I qualify. I am trying to bring my friends from Knights of Castleton, to Poe. In hopes that they will interact with some of my friends in here from England and around the world. As what is in England, lots of Castles. I am not trying to promote one or the other any strongly towards each other, nor in competition, merely trying to bring more friends to Poe, and vise versa.(As some of you are already on Facebook.) Some of my friends wear kilts, some talk with English, Scottish, and many other accents, as we are all merely actors. I am still a babe to the crew. And this is all I will say about this.

I will sit down in a few hours, and begin to write my next poem to place in here. I don't know how many of you that have read my poems, or how many would purchase my book, when it is published. See I don't put all my poems in here. And I have done this so that in hopes someday when my book is published you will purchase it.

In my heart they are not necessarily my poems they are God's poems, he gives me the words, and I simply write them down. Some of my poems are out of fun, some are serious, some are just to make you laugh. But to me they are God's poems, for he always deserves the credit first. For he is number one, and should always be number one.  Maybe my poems, but secretly God gets the credit.

I was in shock when I saw how many people have viewed my poem. To all of you, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read them. Thank you. 

Jeannie Milam Fetters

Edited by: Jeannie Fetters at:6th January 2013 05:16
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 08:40 on 5th January 2013
I have forgotten in here, I can be myself, and be more relaxed. Ok, how I commented up above, will let you know how stressed it has been. I will go get some sleep, get up sometime tomorrow, as it is 2:39 a.m. right now. When I get up, I'll fix me a cup of coffee, grab my pen & paper, and start writing first poem for 2013.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:41 on 5th January 2013

hello Jeannie

It sounds like you had quite the year in 2012. I think it was quite the year for many of us.

Getting out of a rocky relationship before getting married, is definitely a good move. I know what you mean about missing the companionship though; as I remember that happening to me many years ago in my single days. Companionship is important part of life for all of us, but not when its with the wrong person.

I look forward to reading your next poem.

Keep strong in the faith and I hope that 2013 is a great year for you and your children.  

Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 05:18 on 6th January 2013

Hello Sue

And thank you for writing, and reading my poems. And I hope that 2013 is a great year for you & your husband-& family.

Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 05:53 on 6th January 2013

This is to catch everyone up to date as well, with what happened when I had left, and with Seth, from Ghana africa. The one you guys all warned me about. He was from Ghana, Africa. He was who he said he was. we were together from June 2009-Dec2010. If I figured it right. He & his so-called friend had ordered some Dell Computer ink cartridges and had them shipped to my house, and they paid for them. However, they wanted me to ship the cartridges to them in Ghana. I got suspicious on wondering why they had to ship them to me, instead of to themselves in Ghana. So I called the Dell Company, and found out that they don't do shipping to Ghana. So, to be on the safe side, I sent them back to Dell. I felt it was the best thing to do, as I didn't want to get into trouble by illigally shipping computer parts. Found out later on, as Dell called me back, found out the Credit card they paid the parts for was stolen. I was grateful, I did the right thing.

Then I met Kevin on a "local" dating site. He was a good man to me & the kids, except he had anger issues. And was a little strange sometimes. He was very immature, and irresponsible. He did have a son the same age as my son. Their was just to much drama, and my nerves were getting bad. We were mutual about it, and we both went our own ways. March 2011- Feb 2012

Then I met Derry, we were together from March 2012 - Dec. 31, 2012  We truly loved one another, he asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes. He moved in, and everything was going great.  He had taken me dress shopping, (with my son) and finally I decided on a dress at a costume party place for $69.00 it was beautiful & different, and cheaper than $200 & up. Things began to go sour, I guess we both just both got irritated with one another.   I broke the first engagement.We fought & I kicked him out for 1 week. He begged me to take him back, and I did, cause I really loved him. We forgave each other, and tried it again this was in Oct.2012. We had a good Thansgiving, I got to spend it with Derry, my mom, my daughter, & my son. we got into it again, and this time I broke the engagement for good. I just felt maybe we had rushed into our relationship to fast, and we'll one of our arguments was becasue all of his money from his job was going to his parents house to pay his bills, and none of the money was coming to our house to help with bills, and I had had all I could take, so I kicked him out. He has been at his same job for 15 years, I am proud of him for that. He says he was having his chec changed some so some of the money could come to us. Yet, he had lied to me before, and I was sick of it & all the drama. Christmas rolled around, and it just seemed we kept fighting, his mom didn't like me,cause I had been married 3 times before & divorced. Anyway, we have parted as friends, andit is best this way. There is alot more to this, but that isenough for now. Everyone is waiting on my poems God Bless. Oh my daughter wwent to live with my mom, that didn't work out, so then she moved to her dads in Arkansas, sure do miss her. I did get to see her at Christmas, and she stayed the night with me. we are fixing to possibly go to court over my son. His dad wants him to move to Muldrow, Ok. & live with them. He says he wants to live with me, but I feel bad for him, cause I feel he feels presured. I want it to be his decision. Of course I want him with me, but I have told him, if he does want to move. I will still love him the same, that will never change.

Now for that poem.....

Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 06:52 on 6th January 2013
I am hurting in my back and will write it & post it tomorrow, please. I'm not trying to give excuses. I still have to write one. Haven't been feeling good this weekend. The Christmas one was the last one I wrote. Other than 1 I did write to & for a good friend. good night all.
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 03:03 on 7th January 2013

I have tried and tried

and I shall try no more,

Sometimes love can hurt the heart

to the very core.

So trying to part as friends

and go our own ways,

I was tired of all the drama

and that's all I can say.

As part of the Castle

I want us to all be friends,

So we can work in peace

and all make mends.

I had, had all I could take

and I wiould take no more 

The Lord has promised, "If I close

one door, remember, I will open another door."

I will not bad mouth

my departed friend,

So he & I can remain friends

untill the end.

We still talk

from time to time,

that's all I know to add

to this rhyme.

(The Castle, is a place where all of my friends work, and so does my departed friend.) (hoping to get to work there this spring 2013)

Jeannie (milam) Fetters
Jeannie (milam) Fetters
quotePosted at 06:33 on 10th February 2013
I will post another peom in a couple of days.