Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Kensington

Kensington

in the county of Greater London

A picture of Dedham

Dedham

a Picturesque Village in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

CALENDAR 2012

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 09:49 on 26th January 2011

Our Photo Club has produced a calendar for the 2nd year in a row, and have a local printer who we use for this purpose, as he gives us a good rate, being non-profit etc....and they are located in northeast England...am willing to have a chat with them if that could be of some help.

Our photo club members do pictures thru the year and we have a vote on the pics in Sept to decide which pics will be in the new calendar. The calendars sell for £3, the pictures are excellent, as POE pics are also, so it should be no problem selling then both on-line and in person. What do you think ???

I can get more details on the costs, etc etc if anyone is interested or if Ron wants to have a look into it ...either way I am willing to work on this. We can put together an excellent calendar for 2012...and make some POE money.

Just a thought.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 10:47 on 26th January 2011

Way to go Beth!Smile

I have been wondering how I could do it from here but it didn't seen practical with the transport costs. 

But if it could be organized in the UK so much the better.  I will put my order in now (as long as it doesn't exceed 5 pounds!) lol

Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 11:54 on 26th January 2011

Cathy, thank you for the positive response ! The cost to the photo club for the calendars has never in ( 12 ? 13 years) has never gone up with the exception of a few years ago when it went up 50p to the £3 cost cuz of the increase in the govt imposed tax monies  lol....but when I spoke to a few of the guys in the club who do the organizing etc of it all...I then went to see the process to put the calendars together( not telling them I was thinking of a little enterprise on behalf of POE) but now that I know the process etc...I think this may be something worth investigating a bit further for the benefit of POE....

Do you think this is the right path to follow on something like this ?  I am willing to chat with the guys in club about it and I have mentioned it to them once before, and they were quite receptive to helping POE ( as they feel that all these smaller businesses need to look after each other LOL.) so its just a thought.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:01 on 26th January 2011

I think it is a great idea, and many others must have done so too in the past. 

I am sure that Chris & Sarah & Ron must have talked about this project previously and if it is viable or not, so their input would be most valuable.

The problem might be the initial start-up cost for the printing!  If so how can we help to get around that problem so that this calendar can happen.

Any suggestions POE members?  Could we pre-pay with our order so that it would cover the printing costs? + postage of course.

Could we all send a couple of pounds for a start-up fund?

Ideas needed please and also if you would definitely buy calendars from POE if available, because whoever might organise this would have to know if it was worth the time and expense before embarking on a project like this. They do not need to have lots of unsold calendars on their hands!

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 16:26 on 26th January 2011

Thank you Beth and Cathy for your input on a POE Calendar. Unfortunately at the moment the calendar is on hold, but if and when we have the funds for the initial outlay and time needed to proceed with it, we will of course let you all know.

We greatly appreciate your interest and support.

Thank you again

Chris and Sarah

Please login to post to this thread...