Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Halter Devil Chapel, Mugginton, Derbyshire

Mugginton

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Thank You Cathyml

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 11:07 on 6th February 2011

Thank you so much cathy for your e mail and for making me photographer of the month, and thanks to all who have taken the time to look at my pictures and add some to the thread it is very much appreciated.

I must admit it made me quite emotional remembering the days when we went for our lovely jaunts around the country, and as Cathy has noticed this area is now covered by pictures of towns and villages for miles around us, but alas that lifestyle changed overnight when Bill woke up one morning unable to drive, it was a shock and a big upheaval organising and sorting things out, his treatment is still ongoing and our car still stands in the car park but it seems we will have to sell it in the near future. It is something which affects only white people over the age of 50 and mostly women, I read that it affects 1 -2 people in 10,000.

But there are thousands worse especially young people so we count our blessings every day and feel lucky we live so close to a lovely seaside town, the broads, parks and gardens which are easily reached by taxi, but where there are already hundreds of pictures on here. Anyway thank you all once again, and take care.  Luckily I now have an extention keyboard so that I do not have to lift my bad shoulder.

Sorry to be a bore, that's why I have not told you before.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 12:14 on 6th February 2011

Oh!  Peggy, Hi!  Gosh it is good to see you and I am so glad you are able to use the computer again.

I am so very sorry to hear of Bill's indisposition and the difficult changes you have both had to make.  My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

How very lucky we are at POE that you were able to take all those fantastic local pictures for us to enjoy, and thanks to Bill for running you around in order to take the photos. What a wonderful legacy to be able to leave for others in the coming years.  I hope that when you look at all your pics they will bring back fantastic memories of your various trips.

I think you underestimate us and the power of POE Peggy.  What you have now told us could not possibly be a bore. 

Now we know, we can send our thoughts and best wishes, love and prayers to you from all over the world to support and comfort you. 

You gave so much to POE for over 4 years. I would like to give you something in return.

Sending you my thanks, love and very best wishes, Cathyml    ((((xxx))))

Would other POElanders like to join me in sending  messages of support/love/comfort to Peggy & Bill?

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 12:47 on 6th February 2011

To dear Peggy
We are so sorry to hear of Bills poor health and send our love and best wishes to you both.

As Cathyml has pointed out, you have taken some amazing photos that give pleasure to so many people and we thank you for that.  You are not only a top contributor to POE, you are an integral part of our POE family.

With love from,

Sarah & Chris

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 13:27 on 6th February 2011

nice to see you are ok peggy and hope to see you posting again very soon you have been missed on site very much.

all the best for the future from me Smile

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:56 on 6th February 2011

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is ailing. And I'm sorry to heat that the independence that a car offers, has been taken away from you both.

I will pray for Bill  and that he is comfortable.

I hope you are able to get out every now and again.

You know how much I've loved your pictures, you are so talented. I've enjoyed every single village sign and every church you've ever photographed. I would have never known how many village signs there were if it hadn't been for your pictures.

You have friends here, and you will never bore us. 

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:42 on 6th February 2011

I'm not very good with words, but I'm sending love and support to you and Bill.

((((((((((((((((((((((Peggy and Bill)))))))))))))))

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:03 on 6th February 2011
It's good to see you here again, Peggy. I think the others that have spoken before have said it well; you are much missed. Our prayers and heartfelt wishes to you and your husband.
Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
quotePosted at 16:39 on 6th February 2011
I'm really sorry to hear your news Peggy, and would like to add my own heartfelt best wishes to you both.  Take care.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:48 on 6th February 2011

Anna and I wish to add to the wonderful words above Peggy and Bill by saying simply, thank you both for supporting POE, whilst knowing hereafter that our best wishes and prayers are heading your way.

Take care dear friends.

Gonul
Gonul
quotePosted at 16:51 on 6th February 2011
 Hi Peggy..It's lovelly to see you here again.My good wishes and prayers are with you both.