Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire

Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

Spalding Flower Parade, Spalding, Lincolnshire

Spalding

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I do not believe it !

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

quote | editPosted at 21:28 on 26th May 2011

My wife phoned a company to complain about the instructions on the packing of a product.  The printing was small enough to need a magnifying glass.  The package was green and the printing was nearly the same shade of green, we could not read it.

Answer was "Its EU regulations" .... I do not believe it !

Do you have any true but crazy accounts of stupid things ? 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:56 on 27th May 2011

Hi Mick:

Since it's a global marketplace nowadays, sometimes the directions (like on copiers for instance) are only in pictures, most of the time not very good one.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:18 on 27th May 2011
Oh! LOL, that reminds me Ruth.  The family bought me a new portable computer for my birthday and I thought "this is easy, there are all the pictures, I can plug the cables in and off we go".  So nothing daunted I got all the cables fixed, put in the battery, etc. etc. and then Oh dear!  There was not picture showing how to open the lid/Screen.  No obvious buttons or knobs, no arrows, nothing.  So very red-faced I had to go ask my husband how to open the @#! thing.  I have to admit I was quite glad that he didn't find it that easy either especially as we had both tried to open it from what turned out to be the back of it!  LOL.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:23 on 27th May 2011
LOL, Cathy.  Yes, I've been redfaced many a time after finding something hidden in plain sight.  You can always blame it on unreadable instructions though.  :-)
Jaydon Cubeno
Jaydon Cubeno
quotePosted at 06:03 on 7th August 2012

We can call that the green printing was the coincidence when he is packing the gifts, next time take care of rules and regulations. lols 

Please login to post to this thread...